Ppllleeaaassseeee Heeeelp!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TheatreDiva, Dec 15, 2005.

1. TheatreDiva

TheatreDiva New Member

Okay, so yesterday I had acting classes with an amazing teacher where she taught me to be two characters at once, causing my voice to go high and low high and low mulitiple times at a very loud volume. This caused me to lose my voice, it was gone all of yesterday and today. I can BARLEY speak, i have taken many throat candy things (im not sure what they are called) and of course tea and honey. Normally I would just wait for it to pass, but this has never happend to me before. But thats not the problem, the problem is tomorrow is a HUGE audition for me, and if I have no voice, then the rest of my Senior year I will not be in any plays, I was the lead in the first two and really want one in this play. How long does it take for my voice to come back? Are there any special treatments? Plllease help!

*the main question is.. how long does it take for your voice to come back once you've lost it?

I posted this a couple of hours ago, but my voice is still gone... any fast working treatments??
  2. Toga

Toga Member

for a few days but I had a cold.

Yours sounds like it is from overuse. I would try all the usual things. Gargle with Listerine. Don't try to talk until right before you have to do so.

I've heard even whispering is bad, can make it last longer and cause damage.

It sounds like you are very stressed also. Stress is the worst thing. Try to relax as much as possible. Is there a doctor you can call and get some advice?

Sorry I wasn't more help. I hope it goes away soon. I can see how much these plays mean to you. Good luck.

Toga
  3. TheatreDiva

TheatreDiva New Member

thank you, that helped some... I am very stressed, and i just wish there was some kinda miracle cure lol
  4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Is there a voice coach at your school who would have a good answer for this?
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

gargle with warm salt water, salts help shrink swelling.....i had mine go out for a day before....call your doctor or call er and see if they have any suggestions or google.....

your maybe you could see if ashley simpson is availble to sing for you.....lol

talk try to talk starting writing any thing down...and garle w/warm salt water mayge some lemon juice

i'll search or google if i can any tipfor you

jodie
  6. TheatreDiva

TheatreDiva New Member

thank you very much, i can speak now, very manly, but its something, i have 3 hours till my audition... hoping it keeps coming back! thank you!