Praise Be!! Approval From Gov. for Disability!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LuvMeCritters, Nov 14, 2002.

1. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

Hey All,

I got a phone call from Wash DC today giving me a verbal approval for my disability from the Post Office! They're going to give me back pay 'til the last day I worked, which was in July. What a HUGE burden taken off our backs! I am soooooo thankful. Just wanted to share my happy news!!

Regina :)
  2. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

Hey All,

I got a phone call from Wash DC today giving me a verbal approval for my disability from the Post Office! They're going to give me back pay 'til the last day I worked, which was in July. What a HUGE burden taken off our backs! I am soooooo thankful. Just wanted to share my happy news!!

Regina :)
  3. BonBons

BonBons New Member

Regina, I'm a singing a song for ya! I am so glad to hear your happy news and know what a stress that will relieve! To your continued good health and good fortune- BonBons
  4. teach6

teach6 New Member

How wonderful for you. Now I'd like to hear that my disability retirement has been approved. It will save me money on my health insurance, among other things!

Barbara
  5. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

Just a few words to let you know how excited i am for you! Have a party and celebrate your news. Even if your not feeling up to it, fake it! LOL.....enjoy yourself and breath o sigh of relief....queenbee69
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Congratulations, Regina, I'm so happy for you!! This is wonderful news!

Hugs,
    Pam
  7. achy

achy New Member

I love hearing good news, makes me smile.
    Go out for a nice dinner and relax. Enjoy it girl, you deserve it!
    Warm Fuzzies
    Achy
  8. kellym

kellym New Member

CONGRATULATIONS!! What wonderful news that someone has broken through the barrier! Way to go & best wishes!
  9. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m very happy for you Regina. I always feel like a victory
    for one of us is a little victory for all of us. Don`t forget to do something to celebrate!
  10. sheri

sheri New Member

Hi Regina;
    This is my second attempt to congratulate you, my first one didn't post. So Happy foryou! ( you will get back pay too, YAY!! Hope all who are waiting will get their good news soon. Blessings, Sheri

11. tala

tala New Member

congrats to you !!
    I'm in the process of a second denial but have a lawyer working on the case also. yesterday I sent a large envelope full of past diaries to them, and hope and pray to God they pass the case. I've been biting nails and chewing fingers.
  12. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I am SO very happy for you~~~now relax and feel better. You certainly deserve to take care of yourself and NOW you can pay the bills, too!!!
    Love,
    Kady
  13. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

Maybe now these stupid panic attacks will go away. And I can relax. I'm sure I will. :) This was not for SSDI. This was disability retirement from the post office. I'm still waiting to hear from SSDI, which should be soon. It really doesn't matter money wise if I get the SSDI or not, because they prorate, so the payment would be about the same with both. The only benefit of SSDI would be getting Medicare in two years, which would pick up what my medical ins. doesn't pay. I hope and pray for everyone waiting, or applying in the future that they get their approvals ASAP!

Hugs,

Regina