Praise God....I Won...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by smileyfacecookie, Dec 1, 2005.

1. smileyfacecookie

smileyfacecookie New Member

my SSDI..I had to go to court and all but they found a reason to dock me a year. They owed me for over 2 1/2 years. I also am giving back 5 months for something to the goverment which they say is routine.Then the lawyer gets his 25% for fees which does not leave me much left but I guess I am blessed that they approved me. I don't know when I will recieve a check but it is on the way..Good luck everyone who is persuing disability.Thanks to all for standing with me in prayer..God Bless
    OPPS...HIT THE WRONG PICTURE FOR THIS...WANTED THE HAND CLAPPING...SORRY : )[This Message was Edited on 12/01/2005]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so very happy for you. The five months is likely the gap between your date of disability and the date you become eligible for benefits. It is a five month period. The retroactive pay goes back to this date and not the date of disability.

Medicare is available 24 months from the date of eligibility so, in essence, there is a 29 month wait for Medicare from the last date one was able to work.

They like to keep us confused.

Love, Mikie
  3. Logand

Logand New Member

I'm so happy for you! It must be such a relief to have the battle over.
  4. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

just wanted to say congrats on your approval thats great news for you!!
  5. nonnie1967

nonnie1967 New Member

I'm happy for you! :)

I know it's been a long, rough road. And I'm sorry about the year they docked you. Think of it this way. The mooney-guy is for the person who made THAT crummy decision....;-)
  6. smileyfacecookie

smileyfacecookie New Member

I battled the system for almost 3 years the second time I signed up. The first time was in 98 and I got turned down so I stopped trying..I should have kept going.DON'T GIVE UP... I got a lawyer and he ordered all my medical records each time I went to the doctor. I have Fibromyalgia,sleep apenia,osteo,to name a few..and now heptic fibrosis caused from all the medication I was taking for the fibromyalgia. I got letters from 3 doctors stating I could not work. First one in 2002fom a rhumatologist..another from my sleep doctor in 2004 and one from my family doctor in 2005...actually he gave me 2 letters...I hope this helps GOD BLESS
  7. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I'm so so happy for you! ((((((BIG gentle hug)))))))

Dee50
  8. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

So so happy for you!! What a relief!!!

Do something nice for yourself...you deserve it!!

((Hugs))
    Bluerose
  9. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

I'm always so happy to hear when someone wins in getting their SSDI. I'm just starting the process, so it is very overwhelming. But I am hoping and praying for the best. Again, congratulations to you!

KittyCat