Praise Report You are not going to believe this

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by tlayne, Jul 12, 2006.

1. tlayne

tlayne Member

Hi guys! I haven't posted for awhile, but I am still checking in and praying for all. I have been busy (too busy) at work.

Okay, are you ready for this? I had a daughter when I was 25 yrs old that I gave up for adoption. This has been a major depression for me the last 18yrs, as you can imagen. Well....She called me Saturday the 8th of July!!!!! I am the happiest mother in this whole world! We sent her and her husband round trip plane tickets, and they are flying in on Tuesday the 18th of July for 6 days!

I am also getting along with my husband! After another big blow up he said that he will quit drinking and go to counseling!!! I know...he has promised to quit before, but this is the first time he has said that he will go for counseling! Someone at work reccommended a very good Christian counsler that I am going to call tomorrow!

As you can guess, I am jumping up and down praising GOD!!!

I want to thank all my mighty prayer warriors! You are family to me and I had to come here and let you all know how God has answered your prayers and even given me a bonus! I have been praying for and about my daughter for 18 yrs!

I am calling on you for prayer again. Shelby, my daughter, is going to court tuesday (before flying here) to file a restraining order against her adoptive father. She is really afraid of him. Please pray that he will not show up to court and that she will be safe. Also please pray for a safe trip!

I was devastated to learn that she didn't have the kind of life, that they had promised. I had good faith that they would give her a better life than I felt I could. I have gone thru every emotion that a person could experience since learning this. But I have concluded that I have to be thankful for having her now, and not wasting time on regret or hard feelings toward the adoptive parents. She is a wonderful, caring, and loving person, so God has had his hand on her!

Thank you for letting me share my wonderful news with you! Love and prayers! Tam

2. kgangel

kgangel New Member

what a great story Tam.

I was adpoted and have been searching for my mother for 15 years with no luck, I would love to have a happy ending like this one , you are truly blessed

Enjoy your time with your newly found family

God Bless
    kgangel
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

With praise and thanksgiving, God has answered prayers. Basque in the glow of success and love dear one.
  4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Tam!
    This is great! Praise God!
    I pray that your husband opens his heart to God. And your marriage would be redeemed and a blessing.
    How exciting to hear from you daughter, i hope that it is all that you would dream.

Blessings
    Misty
    May the Lord Bless you and your family
  5. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

A few years ago hubby reunited with father he lost touch with for nearly 20 years.
    I know your emotions were all over the place...God bless you and your family.
    You have the opportunty for a new beginning now.
    I hope it all works out with your daughter and your husband too. It is wonderful to hear your news.
    Keep us update, please! Stacey
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

Rejoicing with you that your daughter, Shelby found you!

May God Bless and protect her in all the ways that she needs.

Your love is going to mean so much to her - just to have you in her life will make such a big difference.

Congratulations to the both of you!

Love,
    Judy
  7. tlayne

tlayne Member

littlebluestem-Thank you for the words of encouragement! Your Father is a very wise man. I can see that you gained your wisdom from him! The enemy tries to steal our joy, but I am not going to let him!

My daughter Kori just came here, we are going shopping for Shelby comming! I will have to get back to all of you, and I will-just later. Love and blessings to all! Love Tam
  8. tlayne

tlayne Member

kgangel- my daughter's MIL found me thru the internet. I am sure since you are of age that you can request that your adoption files can be opened for you. There are searches thru the internet that will bring up people's current name along with their maiden name. You could try there. If I can help you in anyway I will, just ask! This was the greatest gift to me!

asatrump,Misty, hangininthere,windblade,windblade,littlebluestem, kgangel, spr30,asatrump - As always your words bring me hope,love and acceptance! After I called the rest of my family, You all were the next on my mind! My heart is finally FULL! I have always had that empty space, and now I feel complete! JOY,JOY! Someday I am also hoping to meet all of my family here in person! It will be nice to meet here in this lifetime, but if not it brings comfort to me to know that I will meet all of you dear loved ones in heaven!

spr30, I hope all went well when you met your FIL.

hangininthere- I finally worked up the nerve to take that coconut oil!! It took me about 3 weeks! I know,I am a big chicken. lol! It really is amazing at the amount of energy that it gave me.

Love, prayers, and blessings to all! Tam
  9. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Hi Tam

I live in NY State and I don't think adoption records are open to us yet. I do have my name on line and have had it in the adoption site for about 10 yrs now, with no response.

I don't think there is any help out there that is free and I really cannot afford to pay anything, but if you know of something different, yes please let me know

God Bless you
    kgangel
  10. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I'm a big chicken too, i'm alway so nervous about taking something new, and start out very small at first.

I have coconut oil too, and haven't made it past about a 1/2 t. yet, how much are you taking?

I did start taking sublingual Vit. B12 recently.

Keep us updated about your family. My husband has agreed to counseling a couple of times over the years, but their is no where for us to go to get christian counseling.

Just recently i've got a lead on a possiblity tho, don't know if it will pan out yet.

Love to you,
    Misty
  11. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I don't know how I missed this wondeful news! I guess because I can't be here too often....and then I am in such a hurry.

I am so very happy for you!! I wish you many happy, wonderful memories that will be ahead of you with your daughter!

God Bless.....Mari
    [This Message was Edited on 07/19/2006]