Praising God, Anyway

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Freedom1, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Freedom1

Freedom1 New Member

I'm Praising God, Anyway even though I did not get the news I wanted to re: an SSDI Claim. It's hard though, but I am asking for prayer to make a fresh start and to give me the strength, and be healed to the point where I can financially manage/support myself. I know God is in charge, and I am just looking forward to seize the opportunity He wants me to take, without relying on others. I know we all go through challenging times and I am praying for you all, too, and hoping these times are short; and that we can soon report on the success of our prayers and praises. Thank you all.
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m sorry your SSDI didn`t turn out the way you needed it too. I will be praying for you to get through this and God to give you some options here. I admire your attitude, just keep it up and good things will come your way.

Sandy
  3. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

it doesn't come about. I'm praying that God shows the path clearly to you. You sound very strong, relying on our Lord to guide you. Down the road, as good things come to you, I'm sure you will see clearly why this didn't come about. Come back and let us know how things are going for you. God bless you.
  4. Lupian

Lupian New Member

Many specialize only in disability issues and they receive no pay unless they win yours for you. The pay is a small percentage of your lump sum.
    I aagree about God - He is in charge of my life too, and H will go before +behind you. He has a plan for you - just keep seeking His will for you and it will be bettter than anything you could think of on your own. That is what He has done for me. :)
    Best wishes
  5. Freedom1

Freedom1 New Member

Thank you Sunflowergirl, Sandyz and Lupian for your prayers. Sandyz it, of course, is a struggle to keep a positive attitude when you think things don't go in your favor. But, thank God I learned early, that this is the only way to respond. It is much easier with helpful people, such as yourselves. Lupian I have not yet gotten an attorney but probably may have to go that path. Don't we all ask God -- wouldn't it just be easier and more economical to be healed so we could work and use our resources in a more beneficial way? I am always noting how health and finances go hand in hand; and it seems unfair that many carry the burden of health concerns that impact their financial well-being and livelihood. I am expecting God to show the answers/and or direct me to the right people. I am sure that others who are also experiencing this or any urgent needs, are expecting Answers. In tough times, what is needed are blessings and miracles, This is what we have been praying for, along with Salvation. We prayed for these even when things were going well. I just don't want to feel like I am in denial because I put total faith in God. Many people think we are quite unrealistic to believe that much. Again, I thank you for responding and thank the others who may have read this message and prayed. I continue to believe that we can all take Authority in Jesus' Name and use His word in our particular situations.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/16/2004]
    [This Message was Edited on 10/16/2004]
  6. Lupian

Lupian New Member

Your post regarding faith in God's providence as opposed to being in denial reminded me - I was in a terrible situation - partly due to the same struggle you are having, and I remember a Christian, a God-fearing, humble man respected by all in his church, saying to me - "And who is going to take care of that? God?" in a very sarcastic tone. It's so easy for even Godly people to become impatient with someone who simply stands upon His promises and takes a faith walk.
    We so often hear "God helps those who help themselves" said by people who truly believe it is Biblical, but it is NOT. The Word says things like "Stand. Wait upon the Lord. It is the Lord your God who does this."
    I did consult an attorney and have no regrets. He took care of the matter within about two months. I didn't even have to go to a hearing. I just kept putting one foot in front of the other as God seemed to indicate the path.
    I stand in faith with you, Freedom1, believing that God has a plan for you and that you are seeking His will. What He has done for me, He can do for you.
    Lord God, This precious daughter of Yours seeks Your will and nothing less. Be very apparent to her, please, and give her everything you gave me and more, too. Grant her security, please, and safety, and peace. Bring about Your will in Your way, and to You we will give all the credit. In the Mighty Name of Jesus, amen
  7. Kim

Kim New Member

For your voice of faith in our Lord. He does have a plan for you.