Pray for all in way of GUSTAV !!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I am sure I also should be adding this to the Worship board but I may do so later on. Just got back from an 11 day tirp and I am very tired. It is late already !!

I just wanted to mention to everyone to pray for all those that might be in the way of this big storm.Please forgive if you have been praying anyway without my mentioning that.

It looks as if those in N.O. and Biloxi, Miss may be in it's path -AGAIN ! They had gotten alot of Katrina's wrath. Those poor people living so close to the coast are SO vulnerable and have been through so much in past years. I feel so sorry for ALL of them.

We are north of Houston, TX. and two of my children live there (in Houston). Luckily, we have not had any of those terrible storms that hit New Orleans and Mississippi the last few years. At least, we may be on the "clean side" of the storm, if the direction do not change.

Blessings to all,

2. springwater

springwater Active Member

Praying for all those in Gustavs path. May God watch over everyone living thing in the areas....

God Bless
  3. Didoe

Didoe New Member

not close to gustav...yet, but this is a great idea. i just heard the republican convention will go on (scaled down, but going on)...doesnt seem right and who's going to pay attention under these conditions?
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Who will be paying attention under those terrible conditions. What a shame for everyone. I feel so sorry for those in New Orleans especially as we lived on the west bank of that city for a couple of years, they just finished evacuating (or still working on it, not sure.)

BTW, how are those wild kitties doing ?

Continued thoughts and prayers go out to Homesheba and ALL those in harms way !!! It looks like it is headed for New Orleans and some of the areas hit last time by Katrina on the Mississippi coast. Yes, it is terribly upsetting and sad. It is hard to know what to do or say about it. It was just devistating the first time (Katrina).

Guess it won't be hitting us in TX or in the SE part too much but surely could use some rain. For us it seems like it's either flood or drought.

[This Message was Edited on 08/31/2008]
  5. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I just feel awful for all of those people that lived through Katrina, rebuilt, and now this.....I'm not sure if I would have had the strength to stay there after the last storm.

It's just so sad, and such a waste...
  6. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

but, oh my, to be facing another storm. My prayers go out to all and any of you in its path.

God bless,

7. colorfulcolorado

colorfulcolorado New Member

for all those in the path of the storm. I've just looked at the radar and it does look big! Please take care and well, I just don't know what to say! Just know that you are in alot of peoples thoughts and prayers!
  8. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

Thank God him and his got the heck outta Dodge. Came up to stay with me and the kitties for a few.
  9. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

to take the grandkids to Idlewild tomorrow. The kitties deserve a rest from the little darlings.
  10. GreenOnions

GreenOnions New Member

was closed, the sons-a-guns. We headed to Kennywood, and they were closed. We went over to SandCastle, and THEY were closed. Guess I should learn to use that googley thing.

Ended up taking the grandkids to Dave and Busters. They loved it. The kitties loved that the little ones were too tuckered to pull any tails, or pester any napping kitties.