Pray for interview with News Herald

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by monkeykat, Apr 13, 2007.

1. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi,
    My local newspaper is going to be featuring me in a story this week on CFS/ME. I really want to do a good job representing those of us with CFS and FM.

Could you please pray for me that I have enough energy to prepare for it. My health is so up and down. I function on the low end of the CFS rating scale so I never know how my days are going to go.

Thanks so much,
    Monkeykat

2. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Oh Monkey , that is such great news!! I have sent notes to our paper to even acknowledge about people with chronic pain , to no avail yet anyway!! Baby steps I guess

Hopefully more and more people will be informed and have a better understanding.

I just know God will be with you , I am very excited for you

I will have you in my prayers

God Bless you

Kgangel
  3. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Kgangel,
    Thanks so much for your prayers. I believe they are already helping.

this morning I woke up with more peace than I've had and God is giving me ideas and wisdom.

The county next to mine, Lake County, near Cleveland, Ohio wrote a really appalling and vicious editorial about CFS. After a unwarranted attack on the CDC spending money on education for people with CFS, the editorial ended with saying, "CFS is just not that important".

Many people responsed on-line to the editorial (90+) people. I emailed the executive editor and told her that they owe us an apology, a retraction and 1 or more news stories covering this illness. She emailed back and asked if she could have a new reporter contact me.

What the devil meant for evil, God meant for good!!!

I'm nervous b/c my health is very poor overall (ranges from 10-30 on CFS rating scale) and it varies day-to-day and week-to-week.

All prayers are welcome.

Keep Hope Alive, Monkeykat
  4. 143alan

143alan New Member

I was reading what you've said and started thinking. The ranges that you deal with having CFS is exactly what the readers need to know about. I pray that God give you a clear mind and every word that needs to be said is said so that everyone can understand. I pray he give you strength, clarity and every word that comes out of your mouth during the interview.

I think it's great that you are willing to take a stand in the defense of people with CFS/FM. You know what this is all about and can reach lots of people with your story.

Thanks
    Nancy
  5. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi LittleBluestem & Manager,

Thanks so much for your prayers. I'm not sure what day she'll be interviewing me yet but I'm thinking mid-week sometime.

I have spoken to the reporter a couple times and she is really sweet. I feel a peace about it so I'm going to do the interview. She said that she will just be asking me "my story". So if she starts asking me other questions that I'm not prepared for then I'll have to tell her that we'll have to reschedule. Thanks for your warnings as that is WISE!!!

Just knowing that you are all praying really gives me strength. Yes, I am hoping to reach a lot of people...educate people as well as give hope!

Thanks so much and God bless,
    Monkeykat