Pray for me this morning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Well I am making my first trip back to the gym in 2 months.To say the least I am very scared of the outcome.Before this hit in June I was up to 1 hour of cardio 4-5 times aweek and 45 mintues of weight training.

I know that I need to get back in there.I will start out slow for sure.

We'll see how I feel tonight.

Sheila
  2. bozey

bozey New Member

You are brave to even try going to the gym. I'll think positive for you. Hopefully you'll do just the right amount and it will benefit you greatly.

bozey
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

to start out really slowly. All of those healthy people at the gym could be a bad influence. Don't let some ignoramus convince you to not be such a 'wimp' and overdo.
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Congratulations!!! Please be careful not to overdo, and stop before you hit your tiredness point.

Have fun,
    Terry
  5. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

Ease in slowly. We CFS/FMS people can overdo it and then be out of commison for days. If your gym has a steam room or better yet, a jacuzzi, get into it after your workout. It will help.
  6. baby-bear

baby-bear New Member

I payed $75 this summer for a 1 month membership and could never get there. I use to work out all the time. Now I just dream of it. Do the hot tub and sauna afterwards if they have one. Will be thinking of you today...

Pammy
  7. achy

achy New Member

That is Fantastic!

Just remember to go S L O W. Baby steps!!

If you can only handle 15 mins..that's all you do.

Good luck
    achy

I've been exercising in Pool...what a difference it makes.
  8. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

Hope getting back into an exercise routine helps to make you feel better. I need to do the same one of these days when my arm is more usable! Hope it is enjoyable.
  9. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I was only able to do 10 minutes on the eliptical.I burned a whole 102 calories.I did some light streching.Right now I am ok except those ribs are starting up again.What I fear is tonight.
    I did see my good friend Arthur there.Gave him a big hug.He is my one true friend I have at the gym.He is kind of like a father figure to me.He said he was real worried about me.Made me feel good,my own mother never calls to ask about me.
    Anyway,I won't go back again til maybe Sunday.I am gonna try every other day for now.
    Thanks my cheerleading team!!!!!!
    Sheila