Pray for my Dad, Mom just passed away

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by mlp1954, May 4, 2006.

1. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

My Mom passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on Saturday April 29th. It has been an awful week. Just awful. I just got back home last night. She was buried in Lancaster Ohio.
    Her name was Margaret "Avonelle" Graves. She was Avonelle to everyone. She was a quiet simple woman. She was loved by all, and we all agreed we dont ever remember seeing her mad at anyone, or say anything bad about anyone.

You would have loved her. My poor Dad is lost. They were very very close and still in love after 54 years. I know we are lucky to have her for so long, but this came as a huge shock

If you can pray for my Dad it would be so appreciated. He is lost without her.

Pattie
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Just read your post on the other board. How about we pray for your Dad and you pattie. I can't imagine losing my mom.
    I don't think a person is ever ready for that one.

God Bless,

Lord, we just ask you to be with Pattie, and her Dad at this time. Fill them with your love and presencs, may they know how and be a comfort to each other. Lord let their thoughts and minds turn to you, as they grieve, and miss there loved one, who sounds like a very special lady.
    In Jesus name.
    Amen
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

but be assured of my prayers for you and your family.

Sue
  4. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

but happy that she was a good mom to you. You will have memories to sustain you in the bad days.

Mother's day will be hard for you, post again when you need more support and prayer. Avonelle is an unusual and lovely name. Avonelle, now an angel for you dear.
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

May God comfort you and your father in your loss. I am so sorry.

Will be keeping him in my prayers.

Blessings to you both,
    Love, Judy

Your Mom sounded like such a beautiful person, as well as her beautiful name, Avonelle.
  6. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear mom. I will pray for you, your father, and family. I am so sorry that I wasn't here sooner. But, I will pray now!

Love....Mari
  7. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

Thank you all for your prayers. We are all having a bad time of it. My Dad is going to be so lost when all settles down. I hope he can handle it. I appreciate all of your good wishes and prayers. Every time I hear the term Mothers Day, I just want to cry. Thanks again. Pattie
  8. fitnessb641

fitnessb641 New Member

Pattie,
    I am so sorry and will pray for you and your father. I just read a poem on this website that was posted on 5/5 on the depression board that was so touching. It was called " I Will Always be With You." Please read it and I hope it may offer some comfort. Your father sounds like a wonderful man to have so much love after 54 years. Take care of yourself.