Pray for my family

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mtinash, Jul 7, 2008.

1. mtinash

mtinash New Member

It has been several months since I posted on this website and it is with great sorry that I sit here and type that my husband took his life last week due to the agony and pain of this disease.

I sincerely hope and pray for all of you that you find some relief from the pain and depression so you do not have to feel as desperate as he did that there was no one to help him.

Please keep me and my family in your prayers during this tragic time.
  2. Elisa

Elisa Member

Dear Mtinash,

There are no words...

I am so sorry.

This community will reach out to you and your family and let you know that we are sorry and sad...and that we will pray for you and your family.

Losing a husband to this DD is the most heart-breaking sadness.

I share your pain and I will witness your loss.

I would like to share with you my favorite psalm - it has given me comfort many times in my life:

The Lord is close to the broken-hearted and
    rescues those whose spirit is crushed. Psalms 34:18

God be with you and may He give you comfort,

3. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

I am so sorry that this DD has destroyed your family. In all honesty? I don't see it as your DH taking his life, I see it as our medical community failed him. I am so sorry you must go on without him. I don't advocate anyone taking their own life. I was engaged to someone with bipolar disorder and he threatened many times. However, even in all of your pain, we can only take comfort that he is no longer in his.

To hell with the doctors in this country who look the other way, who don't care, and who are too damn afraid to treat pain. Your DH did what he thought he had too because his doctor's DIDN'T.

Of course, I will pray for you and your family and I will contact my prayer warriers to do the same. Blessings to you and your family.

4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I can not think of any words of comfort other than this has to be so devastating for you and your family.

I have tears in my eyes as I am writing this.

I am at a loss for words.

But you are in my thoughts as well as a lot of people on this board.

Please take care of yourself. You know where to come if you want to vent or need support.

My condolences.

[This Message was Edited on 07/07/2008]
  5. Gnomie

Gnomie New Member

mtinash, I am so sorry for your devastating loss.

There's not much I can say, but my heart goes out to you and I will pray for your family. I hope that you get the support that you need during this time.
  6. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

for your family ~ I too find it hard to write the words I need. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers and thoughts as you go through this time. Gentle hugs for you.

7. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

Dear--It is true, there are no words right now--just knowing. Knowing that you are cared about, knowing that you are not truly alone. I call upon the angels to wrap their arms about you and hold you up during these dark days.

With love and prayers tonight,

ALEESLP New Member

I can't imagine what you are going through. I will pray for the healing of your heart and your soul. Know that the Lord is always with you.

9. poets

poets Member

I hated to see your post. You can rest assure that I and my son xphile (Adam) are keeping you in our prayers.

We are also praying that God in His infinite wisdom will lay it on the hearts of more doctors to help those with FM. May God be with you and your family. Keep us posted on how everyone does. Remember we care.

Meg and Adam
  10. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Between all of us, hopefully there are a few words that you can pull and find some comfort.

Your husband is at peace now. Finally.
    You are the one that needs support. Please stay in touch with us, just every once in a while - you WILL be prayed for.
    I am just so incredibly sorry for your insurmountable loss.

Stay close to those that love you.
  11. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I am so sorry that your husband took his life. That must be devastating. You and your family are in my prayers. He is at peace now. It is a shame that the medical community is failing those of us who need their help.

May he rest in peace.

12. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I am just so sorry and please know that are so many praying for you and your family right now. I went back and read many of your posts, and I am sorry for everything that you have had to go through. You were also so kind, caring and encouraging to others here. I hope that we can do the same for you right now.

May God put peace in your heart. Hugs, Kim
  13. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I am very sorry for your loss. I can understand why your husband would end his life, the pain and depression are just unbearable. I went to a doctor a few days ago that told my that my pain was from fibromyalgia, not lyme disease, that lyme disease was treated with a weeks worth of antibiotics after you were bitten. And that you never treat lyme with 2 years worth of antibiotics. She told me that the pain I have is all from fibromyagia and I would have to live with it. Well I was very depressed leaving her office, thinking if I have to live in this much pain and take this much medication for the rest of my life, I don't want it. And I am sorry to say I did try to overdose, I took a lot of pills when I went to bed. I guess I have built up a pretty good tolerance to them, because i'm still here. I don't know if I'm happy about that or not. So I really do understand. He was not thinking of you, or anyone else, just thinking of getting out of his pain. You know he loved you and your whole family.

Take Care of yourself!

14. greatgran

greatgran Member

I am so sorry you have to go through this, I wish I had some words of comfort but all I can offer now is my prayers for you and your family.

God comfort you and your family,
  15. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I am so sorry...

Sending you Peace, Love & Light to help you at this most difficult time in your lives...

Cannot seem to find the proper words to begin to comfort you but please know we are all here if you need to talk...

God Bless you and yours.

Peaceful days ahead~MamaDove
  16. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

Tears and sorrow flood my heart at your post. Please know that we are praying for you, and our hearts go out to you.

I'd like to add a couple of comforting verse to the previous one:

Psalm 40:1, "I waited patiently for the Lord' and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry."

1 Peter 5:7, "Casting all your cares upon Him, for He careth for you."

The Lord draws near to cradle you in His arms and comfort your sorrowing heart.

I'll hold you up in my prayers. Hugs,

17. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I will keep you and yours in my prayers. Again, I am so, so sorry for your loss.

18. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

I wish I had the words to ease your pain. Please know that you and your entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Please find comfort in knowing your husband is at peace in the arms of Jesus and he will watch over you and your family from Heaven.

With deepest sympathy, Cindy
  19. jmq

jmq New Member

My prayers are with you and your family. I can also understand the depression and pain he must have been in. There are soooo many of us on anti depressants and pain pills. It is a hard hard way to live.

I hope that your heart heals one day.

20. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I am so sorry for your loss, you and your family are in my prayers.

Take care