pray for my pet ferret who died today

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by 30lori, May 10, 2004.

1. 30lori

30lori New Member

Lord please help me to forgive myself....my ferret died today in a horrible accident...i am so full of grief and guilt..my pets r treated like my children and i cleaned out my ferrets cage today like i do every morning they both played and i scoped their litter box and gave food,water, re folded all their blankets and put them back after they had time out to play i started doing my normal house work and after about an hour i did dishes and went to a dr appt....when i got home i went to unload the dishwasher and by ferret was inside....oh lord im so upset please help me... i went to his cage and he squezed out of the door(they have never ever done this or ever gotten out of their cage,in the 2 wonderful years i owned them.)my heart is so broken i dont how how to live with myself... i was finishing the last of the dish soap and took a will trying to get it out and he never popped his head out i had no idea...please bless him and send him all our love he was my daughters best freind im so sorry i would never hurt anything...please help me to so how or some way cope with that it was his time to go and u wanted him back in heaven please realese me of this guilt it was a traggic accident...my heart it so broken i dont know what to do lord please hold me in the palm of your hand and help me to understand this....please lord also bless is mate tabatha as she misses him.
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m so sorry to hear you lost your ferret. I have lost pets in accidents and its heartbreaking. Please forgive yourself, I`ll be praying for you and your family.

I really believe our beloved pets live on after death like us. You`ll be reunited with your ferret someday in heaven.

Hugs,
    Sandy
  3. 30lori

30lori New Member

thank you for responding im still so upset im going to go to chutch this morning after i drop off my kids...i have never had to deal with a death like this and it has left me terrorized...i dont want to upset anyone here about what happened i just dont know what else to do...lori
  4. dash

dash New Member

The Lord hears your grief and I pray He will give you comfort in your loss. He knows that you loved this ferret and that you took good care of him.

This was not a case of neglect, but a tragic accident. You musn't feel guilty.

I wish I could give you a hug, because I know your heart is breaking.

Della
  5. 30feeling80

30feeling80 New Member

You sound so desperate. But know that this was NOBODY'S fault. God hears you. Living with guilt does no good. Don't feel guilty for something that only God has control over. God will take care of you and your ferret's mate Tabatha.

Dear God, lift Lori up and wash her free from guilt. Hold Lori (and Tabatha) in the palm of Your hand as she asks and help them thru their sadness and grief. Thank you, God, for answering our prayers. Amen.

Lori, I am so sorry it happened this way. My thoughts are with you. Take care and know that you are loved.

Darlene
  6. 30lori

30lori New Member

thank you for your prayers i sure need them...im still very upset and have a hard time sleeping...it gives me comfort to know he is with god never to die again or feel pain....i send all my love to him...tks again lori
  7. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I just wanted you to know I sent up prayers for you and your beloved pet tonite. He is with God...He just went home before you. He`ll be their to greet you someday when you go back home.

Sandy
  8. 30lori

30lori New Member

tks for your support i didnt know who else to turn too with my hubby deployed right now..saw my therapist today and she helped me too...I am having alot of anxiety at nights when i close my eyes about him my mind has gotten the best of me...

I by no means will ever replace this sweet fellow...but as I was out today putting up my flyers at vet clinics and pet shops (i perform with my parrots and small animals for birthday parties) i came across a pet shop that had gotten in 3 adult ferrets from a lady who no longer care for them...and wouldnt u know it ine of them was a boy and look exactly like salem...i brought my 6 year old daughter after school and surprised her and got it for her...she said i feel so much better..I will always miss salem #1 but im gonna call im salem #2 and tabatha will have a freind again and so will I...it was so sweet and I know god guided me too this guy today...

Hubby will problably be upset i bought another pet home u know how men can be but im just going to say..im not sorry i bought this ferret..im sorry u cant see there was no way for me not too it was all too perfect and healing therapy for us...my female ferret has been having anxiety and shivering this week(i work for a vet and he said she was greiving the loss of her mate) I still am sooo sad that i accidentally killed our pet and imagine it will take alot of time to heal from this hoorible accidnet...thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers i cant tell u how much they mean to me...i donated some money to the church in memory of salem this week and they will say a special prayer for him too...

u know i have heard that when we finally go back home to heaven r family that has passed on is waiting for us but they wait as all the animals we ahve loved and loss greet us and that really warms my heart to know...tks again lori
  9. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I just read your post.

please don't feel guilty, it was an accident and he is not suffering now.

It is so heart breaking when this happens to our animals. I hope you feel better soon.
    don't be so hard on yourself and I know that this must have been so horrible for you.

just ask the lord to take some of this pain from your heart and he will.

Love Lisa