Pray for son in law - cancer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jake123, Jan 3, 2006.

1. jake123

jake123 New Member

My son in law (26 yrs. old) has just found out he has testicular cancer. He will have a CT scan tomorrow and then surgery on Thursday. The doctor already says that the left testicle has to be taken off.
    My daughter (6 months pregnant) has gestational diabetes and two little boys to take care of. She is devestated.
    We need everyone to pray for our Shawn. He is so sweet. He never raises his voice to the children. His dad had brain cancer last year and is fine right now. Thanks to you all.
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

will certainly remember Shawn in this situation... and all of the family!

Keep us updated

MamaR
  3. sdown

sdown New Member

I'll say a prayer tonight for you and your family. God bless!
  4. kylesmom

kylesmom New Member

I will keep your son-in-law in my thoughts, especially on Thursday. Testicular CA does not have to be a death sentence. Hopefully, the surgery will eliminate the cancer and he won't have to endure any more treatment.
  5. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Prayers for Shawn and the whole family.
    Dee50
  6. jake123

jake123 New Member

You all have made me feel so much better about this shock. My husband did some research and he said it had a 97% recovery rate and I'm depending on Shawn to be in that 97%. Thank you, thank you.
  7. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

For You and Your Family...

~Alicia
  8. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

So sorry to hear about your son-in-law. Just remember that prayer really does change things. God bless you and your family. I'll be praying too.
    Hugs,
    Angela
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so very sorry. Scott Hamilton and Lance Armstrong are two examples of survivors of testicular cancer. I'm praying for a cure for you sweet SIL.

Love, Mikie
  10. kbak

kbak Member

Jake123,
    Prayer's going up for your son-in-law! That is a very treatable cancer. Know several people in fact that have it and have just done well, no problem's. Just hearing the word cancer is enough to curl your toes. Hope the prayer's bring peace to your son-in-law!

K.
  11. ksp56

ksp56 Member

For your son-in-law, his wife and children and the entire family.

My close friend's husband had the same when he was in his twenties. He is now in his early forties! I am praying it will be the same for your loved one.

Kim