PRAY FOR US-CALLED 911 FOR HUBBY........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Grandma6, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

My Dear Friends,
    Why is this nightmare continuing? For those of you who have not read my earlier posts my 42 yr old sister-in-law died unexpectanly in her sleep of a massive heart attack on 12/30/05 and my wonderful hubby being the Fire Chief of our Volunteer Fire Dpt. was the first one to respond.
    Her funeral was Wednesday, 01/04/06 & that afternoon Jim,(Hubby), had a fire run and then that night around 9:00PM I had to call 911 for him. He was having chest pains, tingling all over, ashen-grey in color and difficulty breathing. I took his BP and it was 145/98 and his pulse was 76 and I gave him 2 low grade asprin. He wanted me to call his brother to come & take us to the emergency room , (remember I live 35 miles from the nearest hospital). Before I called his brother I took his BP again, (15 mins. since the 1st one), it was now 155/102 and he decided I should call 911 instead. I made a quick call to his brother who lives 3 blocks away and then 911. While they were preparing him for transport I called my dgt & son. They gave him nitro, morphine and more asprin on the way into the hospital and by the time we got there his pain had subsided a lot. They took a lot of blood, did an EKG and x-rayed his chest.
    He had an angiogram 2-1/2 years ago;found only small amount of cholestral build up but nothing to worry about.I told the ER Doc about the major stress that we were going through, he admitted him to the hospital.
    Hubby insisted that I go home after things were settleing down because I had not brought any of my meds with me so my dgt. took me home around 4:00AM; I packed clothes for him, took a quick shower, straightened house, did a load of laundry & at the same time I was calling the hospital every 15 mins or so. At 6:30AM I called my sister to take me back to the hospital.Jim was sleeping like a baby so I layed my head on his bed and watched him.
    For those of you who know me, you know that we met when we were 13 yrs. old and will be married 32 yrs on 01/18/06.I know that I can not live without him. He is my best friend , my lover, my rock, my life.
    They called in the cardiologist that did his angiogram last year and he ran a bunch of blood work and did the stress test, (Jim has bad knees so instead of using the treadmill they give him the shot that makes you feel like you've run the treadmill. Finally around 4:00 PM this afternoon the doctor got all his results back and said IT IS NOT HIS HEART. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!
    They think it is a setback of the Epstein-Barr brought on by all the trauma we have been through this last week. We came home and we are going to our family doctor tomorrow.
    Of course as you all can guess I am in a major, severe flare-up with my FMS & totally worn out but I can not sleep. If anything was to happen to Jim I know I can not go on. There were many - many prayers going up for us and I truly belive that is what has pulled us through this.

SORRY THIS IS LONG BUT I NEED TO GET THIS OUT.MORE BAD NEWS:
    Jim's sister bought the home place from his mother 3mos. ago & was in the process of adding an addition & they would continue to live together. His mother co-signed the loan because sis had declared bankrupty 2 yrs ago. She also bought a new car 6 months ago; was a user on mother's credit card,(run up to $4,550.00),and so far Hubby & his brother have NOT found enough life insurance to cover anything more than the funeral. We are in a panic because we don't know how we are going to keep his mom from loosing the house. She has a heart problem, is 82 yrs old and lives on Social Security. His sister has 2 sons but they are in their early 20's and have minumum wage jobs.
    AGAIN, SORRY THIS IS SO LONG BUT I NEED ALL THE PRAYERS THAT YA'LL CAN GIVE US. I AM PRAYING FOR HUBBY TO LET HIS BROTHER HANDLE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE HE DOES NOT NEED THIS STRESS RIGHT NOW.
    I AM SCARED and am falling apart.
    Love to you All.......Grandma6
  2. ang1973

ang1973 New Member

It always seems like bad things come in large numbers, never just once. I am so sorry for everything you are enduring. But try to keep your head up. I truly believe God has a plan for everyone of us so trust in him. I'll keep you in my prayers.
    Lots of Love
    Ang1973
  3. moaningjoan

moaningjoan New Member

What about Jim's mother buying back the home with the money that she received for the purchase of the home? It might be good to talk with someone like a finance counselor. They can help people get out of debt by plannning payments, and can also help to sometimes reduce debt. Your husband and husband's brother might contact one to help them with what has happened so that Jim's mother is protected.

Things will work out ok for all involved. Sometimes we are so overwhelmed by the smoke we can't see the sun!

Prayers going up for you and your family...

Joan
  4. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

It is touching to read of you and your husband's love story.

Both of you get some restful sleep before you tackle the other problems. Solutions will come to you. Bless you and I am glad it was NOT your husband's heart!

Jana
  5. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

Unfortunatly, she borrowed $32,000.000 over the cost of the house for the additions and remodelling she was planning on doing. My mother-in-law used the monies she got for the house and paid off her own debts so there isn't really any extra.

My brother-in-law is meeting with an expert tomorrow, (this expert is a friend of a friend and is willing to give us some guidance for free), but we are still looking for paperwork. My sister-in-law is one of those kind of people that just has boxes and paper sacks all over the place for her filing system.

Hopefully the meeting tomorrow will steer us in the right direction so we will know exactly what steps we need to take next.

Thanks for you concern and Prayers,
    Grandma6
  6. darude

darude New Member

What a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But really glad hubby is OK! Please keep in touch and let us know what is happening.
  7. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Prayers going up from Ohio. So sorry for all your problems, your poor hubby! Epstein Barr is so durn awful, it started my crash and burn two years ago and I haven't been to work since.

Please let me know what's going on and I hope and pray your friend has some GOOD ideas for you!

Hugz,
    Tona
  8. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

hugs for you sweety, it will all work out.
    goodluck for the meeting
  9. kgangel

kgangel New Member

I am praying for you and your family and I have to say , I am over joyed that your hubby got news that it was not a heart attack. I met my hubby at age 14. We loved each other then, we both knew that what we had together was special, but everyone told us it was just puppy love. I thought I was wrong about it and we ended up moving far away from him. We wrote for awhile, but lost contact. We were both married to other people and we both were divorced 17 yrs later. We found each other in the High School reunion on line and have been together since. I lost 30 yrs time with him and I feel so blessed to have him back , just wish I had gone with my heart and not listened to anyone else.

I hope you will have peace and help through all the stress your family is going through and that you and your hubby will have many years of happiness together.

God Bless
    kgangel
  10. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

May God bless you and you family! I'll be praying for healing for husband.
    Hugs,
    Angela
  11. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

That is an awful lot to cope with all at once. It does seem unfair but you will get through it. One day at a time with all the good thoughts and prayers from your friends here.
    Look after yourself too.
    Kathy.
  12. darude

darude New Member

13. BethM

BethM New Member

sending prayers and healing energy to you and yours. I hope your life calms down soon. Please try to rest, take care of you and your wonderful husband.

Peace and Light,
    Beth.
  14. fivesue

fivesue New Member

of praise that it wasn't your husband's heart and for wisdon and strength to deal with the other situation. Take one thing at a time...it doesn't all have to be done today.

Take care of yourself, too, please!

Hugs,
    Sue
  15. kbak

kbak Member

Grandma6,
    I am so sorry for all that you've had to go through! Thank-God your hubby is o.k. All to often bad things seem to come all at once. Hope all our's prayer's bring better times ahead.

>
  16. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

Prayers have been said for your and your family.

17. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

What a tremendous amount of stress...I know you are tired.I will pray for you and your dear childhood sweetheart.It sounds like he is in good hands.
    It is a shame that yor poor mother in law has to spend her last days on this earth still taking care of a child this way.Some people never grow up and always think of mom and dad as their own personal bank.You jusy keep doing the best you can for her.I am glad she has the 2 of you looking out for her all the while her daughter takes advantage of her.What goes around comes around I believe.God has his way of dealing with people like this and just trust it will all work out.
    Take care and get plenty of rest,
    Sheila