Pray for us.

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Cactuslil, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Someone on here earlier asked what was your favorite scripture and I have been meaning all week to bring in my scriptures (on my back porch where I can reach them many times a day) and quote directly a scripture sequence that is almost always in my mind. It is in John..and it concerns doing as the Savior taught; to paraphrase it states simply that if a person truly follows Christ, they will follow his teachings; those who do otherwise are not true disciples of Christ.

I do not use that scripture to look upon others but I do use that scripture to look at me and to look at the behaviors our Savior taught when trying to teach my own son.

If we keep our eye single to what Christ has taught and not to what man has taught, we may just find our way back home. I know of no other way. Anyway.....tonight is prayer night and Christ taught about collective prayer and prayers of the righteous and I therefore know what we do here on Thursdays pleases Him. We are following his teachings when we do this.

Tomorrow I go for a pelvic scan. I have had some other health concerns and it is my prayer that I have nothing major; there is much in my family life I need to do. Pray for my son to be comforted as he is forced to comply with the law and be forced to go see his father, a man he does not know! Pray for peace in this household.

Thank each of you and I will be praying for you too. Love CactusLil'
  2. Jude

Jude New Member

Lil, I always check in here on Thursday nights no matter how busy the week has been. You have had so much to deal with. You and Will will be in my petitions tonight. Your son seems to have been such a blessing to you.

Jude
  3. BrownSuga

BrownSuga New Member

I'm praying for you, just keep the faith you have. God Is Good!
    Love you!
    Brownsuga
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will be joining you in prayer tonight Lil,

Shalom, Shirl
  5. misskitty

misskitty Member

My prayers go out for you and Will. May God watch over both of you

Hugs
    misskitty
  6. SOULWRITER

SOULWRITER New Member

I HAVE BEEN A LITTLE INTO MYSELF LATELY THANKYOU FOR MAKING ME SEE THE LIGHT I HAVE NOT READ THE SCRIPTURES IN AWHILE IM BAD AND I WILL RETURN I FELT A LITTLE LOST NO WONDER WHY.

I WILL PRAY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND FOR MYSELF TO ASK FOR GUDENCE LOVE TO YOU LIL
  7. ginny

ginny New Member

Dear Lil,
    I must say I'm guilty to. I've been away to long in my own pity. I will be praying for you and Will.
    ginny
  8. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Lil, I have prayed for you last night and will continue to pray for your health and your family.
    How did the pelvic scan go today? I pray God will give you His perfect peace and strength to go through it all. Remember, He will never give us more than we can handle without His presence to carry us.
    Hugs,
    Harmony