Pray Please! See New RHEUMY early tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Aug 3, 2005.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

and I am so nervous! I don't really know what to do. Just go in there and what? If he seems the least cynical, I think I may just walk out...no, then they really would think I'm a nut case.

I have filled out the preliminary records, but as I have noticed, I fill out these reams of paperwork, and the docs don't even look at them...just ask you why you're there. At least this is a referral, but I wonder what my PCP wrote on the referral? How did she characterize me? A menopausal nut case? A pill seeking druggie? A normal woman who hurts and wants to know what's going on? I do think I need to read my medical records...to get a copy so I can see what is being said about me.

So, I just needed to vent a little of this anxiety...I don't think I've ever been this afraid to go to a doctor. I'm not even going to mention FM...not from my lips. I'll wait and see what he says...that's it! I'll keep my mouth shut and let him do the asking and then KISS! (Keep It Short, Sue!)

Thanks for listneing.
    Sue
  2. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

When I went to the rheumy in Feb./05 I never mentioned FM to her.

She went over all my symptoms, examined the tender points, reflexes etc. and at the end of the appointment told my husband and myself that I had Fibro!

Gave a brief discription of fibro and told me about the sleep/ getting stage 3 and 4 levels and exercise. No narcotics for pain. Highest they gave me was Tylenol 3.

No overly helpful but did believe in fibro. Hope this help you Sue. Try not to worry too much.

Cindy
  3. twinkles49

twinkles49 New Member

I can so relate with what you are going through..I acutally go through it even when I'm going to my pcp who I've been seeing for years..although not as bad.

When I went to my rhemy for the first time, I know that he specilized in fibro, but I was still a wreck. By the time I got there I was so anxious I just wanted to cry. Then when I started to talk with him and he acutually validated everything I said I did start to cry, cuz he BELIEVEd me!

I get myself into such a mess inside I dont know whether I'm coming or going with these doctors. It's so hard. We go in with such hope that this will be the one that will help.

I'll say lots of prayers for you. That he will be understanding, listen to you, believe in what you are saying and help you.

Take care, Twinkles :)
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Well, that does help a bit...still nervous, but will carry on. Why do doctors put us with FM and other "invisible" diseases that involve pain in a category that no one else is in? Why?

I may think about a clinic, Cindy, if things don't straighten out, and thahks for the web site.

And thanks for the good report, Twinkles, and for the prayers. Those are very needed.

Let you know tomorrow. Just a mess today.

Sue
  5. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I'm at my mother's for a short time and wanted to know how your rheumy appointment went?

I've been thinking about you. Last night at the cottage we got hit with a really big rain/wind storm. I saw our water trampolone flying down the river!! Yikes. My husband and sons ran out quick and managed to pull it back. It was scary. I finally got my T3 from the compounding pharmacy. Will be on 37.5 mcg for 2 months now.

Let us know, I wonder if she'll recommended any tests.

Cindy
  6. darude

darude New Member

Rheumy told me that I had more pain and disability than normally seen with FMS although I may have this condition. Then referred me to Neuro who has found a pituitary tumour, lesions and sleep apnea (so far). Being tested for COPD and had a EEG last week. Fun and games for sure. Oh the rhuemy did find a positive ana 1:320 but tested and NO lupus or connective tissue disease.
  7. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

I've never seen a rheumy before, but I have seen many doctors, and I know it can be nervewracking to see one for the first time, not knowing if they will believe you or not.

I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Nicole
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I posted a report on the visit yesterday...something about rheumy doctor visit...UNDERWHELMED. You can read that...

A short report...diagnosed with osteoarthritis and FM for which he doesn't think there is anything that can be done. He did send me to a hand clinic for my arthritis and had another back xray done to see what is going on as I have constant pain.

But, as I think back on it, the funnier and funnier it gets. I know that I will not be staying with this guy, but I am going to see what he can do for my hands...how much is arthritis and how much is FM.

Acutally, it was a kick now that I think of it...such funny stories came out of it. I know, this is serious, but the only response I could have would be humor or I would cry or be very angry...probably both in that order.

Glad your sons are quick, Cindy. Hope you are having a great time.

Sue

PS No tests...no lupus he says and that's that. Right on top of thing, eh?