Prayer disillusionment

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by gumbi, Apr 22, 2006.

1. gumbi

gumbi New Member

I notice that several people are expressing disillusionment at their lack of results from praying.
    When I pray, I don't ask for cure but rather for the strength to cope. I pray that I make the right decisions at the right time, that I can be the best person that I can be and I ask for the ability to see and correct my ways when I go wrong. I pray for inner peace and calm, wisdom. etc
    It does not really matter to me if someone prays to Jesus, to God, to the universe or to their subconsious mind,
    Prayer can have a very empowering effect and really does work. If nothig else,it focuses the mind on achieving the desired results.
    Some may say that if that is the case, then it is just positive thinking and nothing to do with religion, that is ok by me.
    For the record, I pray to God.

2. goldenrule

goldenrule New Member

God has three answers:

1.) Yes

2.) No

3.) Maybe

Many people do not like the no's or maybe's (a.k.a. --- wait). We want to make our own plans, our own decisions. Perhaps if you feel disallusioned, you should ask yourself, "Who is in charge of my life?" God never promised this life would be easy. Nor is is a Genie in a bottle u rub to get what YOU want.

Remember these verses:

1 Chr 5:20 "He answered their prayers because they trused in him.

Rev. 2:10 "Be faithful, even to the point of death and I will give you the crown of life."

Romans 8:28 "An we know that all things God works for the good of THOSE WHO LOVE HIM, WHO HAVE BEEN CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE."

1 Cor. 10:24 "Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others."

Job 23:10 "But he knows the way that I take, when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold."

I hope this encourages and helps. I know we may not always hear what we want to hear or what we like, I just pray that when you don't you find peace and comfort.

Take care :)
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

I think you have a lot of wisdom in how you pray.

Blessings,
    Judy
  4. dejovu

dejovu New Member

That was so well put. I will say this prayer for myself and others. Thx De
  5. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I pray to God, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Why? Because I KNOW he hears me. He always answers. like another said....God either says...yes...no..maybe...or even not yet.
  6. caffey

caffey New Member

Isaiah 30:19 says that as soon as we call He answers. We forget that wait is an answer that His timing is not our timing and sometimes the ways HE answers are not the answers we want.
    Cath