Prayer for drug addiction..................

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Shirl, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Shirl

Shirl New Member

My cousin, that you all prayed for Elda, that had the back surgery? Well she is doing alright, but this is the problem that she is in need of prayer for:

Her daughter, 37 years old, with two children 8 and 15, was prescribed pain pills for her back a year ago.

Well she has become so addicted to these pills, that she is taking them way above the prescribed dosage. She has found a doctor or doctors that keep prescribing them in large quantities.

She is falling asleep at the wheel of her car, falling into her food at the table, and is not taking care of her business, children or even her home properly. She also has high blood pressure, and has a serious weight problem.

Her Mother is trying to get her to go to a rehab center, has made calls to the free as well as the private ones, but she cannot get any help unless her daughter is willing to admit herself, which she isn't. She is in denial that she has a problem.

Plus she has been associating with people that are into the drug culture. So, the problem is expanding.

Elda is not doing well with her own health, as this is upsetting her so much, its interfering with her sleep as well as her recovery. She is getting back pain, that is probably caused by so much stress right now.

I just spent two hours with her on the phone, trying to help in anyway I could, I asked if she would like me to put this on the Worship board, and she said she wanted to ask me to do so, as your prayers helped her so much when she had her surgery.

All prayer here is so much appreciated. This is so serious, as these children are driving with their mother, as well as innocent people on the road with her. She will not listen to anyone at this point. Her Mother is willing to anything to help her in anyway that she can.

Thank you for reading all this, and God bless each and everyone of you for your prayers and concern.

Shalom, Shirl

2. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Oh Shirl, this is all too bad! I sure will keep them in my prayers! I pray God will work a miracle in their lives.
    My heart goes out to Elda, her daughter, her kids and you.
    I sure pray the daughter gets the help she needs. It is a concern with her responsibility with the kids and her driving.

I makes me even more not want to take pain pills. It is such a shame it has turned into an addiction for her.

Please keep us posted on how she is doing.

Love,
    Harmony
  3. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Father, I ask for Your assistance at this time for Elda. She is confused and addicted to presciption drugs. I pray that You will show her the way to get help, especially in helping her to admit that she has a problem. Lord, please watch over Elda's children, for they are innocent in their Mother's burden. Elda is indeed being lead into the wrong direction and I put my faith in You to take her hand, give her Your love and strength and show her how to fight her demons. In Your loving Son's name I pray. Amen.
  4. sarah

sarah New Member

I will pray for Elda's daughter. She is one year younger than me. My mother was having serious problems too when I was little.
    love Sarah
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I believe I could call this a 'baby step', but it is a small step forward. Praise God for this also.

Elda spoke in person to her daughter today, she had refused to even speak or see her mother for the last week or two.

But they did speak, and she is 'thinking' about going to a hospital for the drug problem. This is not definite, but at the very least she is willing to listen.

She has still not admitted she has a problem, but she is at the 'talking' about it stage.

I explained to Elda, that by all means try to get her to a hospital, as she could have a stroke or heart attack coming off those drugs without the proper medical care considering her health problems. This is a scary situation. there are two drugs involved, possibly three, I don't know if she was also taking pills for her weight too.

Elda offered to take care of the children, and anything, but anything she can possibly do to help her, if she helps herself now.

Please, continue to pray, its not over or even really started yet, but a glimmer of hope here. I have dealt with people and drugs, its not an easy task, they will lie, and do anything to 'get you off their backs'(as they say).

Elda asked that I thank each and everyone of you for your kindness and your prayers for her and her family, and to please continue praying for her to do and say the right things to convince her daughter.

God bless all of you,

Shalom, Shirl

6. silverbell

silverbell New Member

SHIRL SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT ELDA'S DAUGHTERS ADDICTION PROBLEM,BUT NO MATTER WHAT, WE KNOW THAT GOD IS IN CONTROL,I KNOW SOMETIMES IT DOES'NT LOOK LIKE IT BUT WE ALL KNOW HE IS.
    HE WILL NOT LEAVE US NOR FORSAKE US AND I THANK YOU FOR THAT DEAR LORD,
    WE COME AGAINST THAT SPIRIT OF ADDICTION IN THE POWEFUL NAME OF JESUS. AND WE THANK YOU LORD THAT AS SOON AS WE START TO PRAY AND ASK ,YOU GO TO WORK ON THE THE PROBLEM.
    AND I PRAY FOR THE CHILDREN LORD,KEEP THEM SAFE AND TAKE EXTRE CARE OF THEM JESUS,WHILE YOU HEAL THEIR MOTHER
    NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH YOU JESUS,AND I THANK YOU FOR THAT,HE THAT IS IN US IS GREATER THAN HE THAT IS IN THE WORLD.
    AND LORD I PRAY FOR SHIRL THAT YOU WILL GIVE HER EXTRA STRENGTH AND WISDOM AND EVERY OTHER GOOD THING. THAT SHE MAY BE ABLE TO SPEAK TO ELDA AND HAVING THE HOLY SPIRIT TO LEAD IN EVERYTHING THAT IS SAID AND DONE FOR HER COUSIN..THANK YOU FATHER PRAISE YOU JESUS.. LOVE AND PRAYERS MARLENE WE WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES MAY GOD BLESS YOU SHIRL AND ELDA WITH HIS PEACE THAT PASSES ALL INDERSTANDING.
  7. allhart

allhart New Member

shril ,i will deffently pray for her because threw friends and family this is something i have had to come to deal with to much and it seems that the power of gods love is the only thing stronger then someones addections.