PRAYER for friends son who broke his back

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Pottersclay, May 6, 2007.

1. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

Please pray for my friend, her family and for her son Charlie. Charlie fell out of a tree trying to catch his moms pet bird. The young man severed his spinal chord and shattered his 10th and 11th vertebrae. The prognosis is not good. The doctors think he may never walk again since he can't feel or move his legs.

Also pray for the family's salvation. My friend and her family do not know the Lord.

The young man was suppose to go to Iraq later this year.
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I will pray. I will ask God to put his healing hand on this young man. I will ask that his youth be allowed to continue, and for some miracle that his spinal chord will function again.

Pottersclay. I think it is times like this we realize how prescious good health is and how quickly things can change. Please put Charlie's name on the weekly prayer list, and update us.
  3. ixoye

ixoye New Member

Father according to your Word 1 Peter 2:24 it is written by your stripes we are heal. Therefore I lift Charlie up to you right now and I’m asking for a miracle to take place not only in Charlie’s body, but in the lives of his entire family also. What the devil meant for evil God will turn around for good. Father draw this family close to you and live in their hearts free them from the darkness and bring them into your heavenly light in Jesus name I pray. Amen
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m sending healing thoughts and prayers up for Charlie. I`m so sorry to hear this happened. How old is he? Give us an update sometime on how he is doing.

Take care,
    Sandy
  5. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I talked to Charlie on the phone yesterday. He was to be taken out of ICU and to start therapy to get him in to a wheel chair. With a severed spin the doctors hold little hope he will ever walk again. They are trying an experimental drug on him. It is a shot in the dark. I pray Jesus would do a miracle on Charlie like he did Lazarus, healing the blind, lame, sick, etc..

Charlie is in his early twenties with his whole life ahead of him. He started crying yesterday when I talked to him. I told him that God will be right there by his side,no matter what happens, God will never leave or forsake him, God has great plans for him and that God loves him very much. I also said that he needs to let God use him. In order for God to use you, you have to let him. Give up the steering wheel of his life.
    He wants the use of his legs so bad that I believe he would rather go to Iraq later this year with the Air Force like he was suppose to and the risks that come with it than spend the rest of his life in a wheel chair.

Thank you for all your prayers for my friends son, Charlie.

PC
  6. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

IS blaming herself for the accident. Please DO pray for her. She keeps playing the accident over and over in her mind. We have been close friends since we were kids in fourth grade. It was SOOOO hard listening to her Sunday when she called me to tell me about the accident. She kept saying, (using my real name of course, not this alias!) "PC, PLEASE HELP ME...PRAY FOR US....PLEASE...HELP ME!" I just started crying. I love that young man like he was my own son. His mom I love like a close sister. She seemed to calm down a little when I prayed for her and the family on the phone.
  7. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

This is such a tragic situation for the son and the mom and family. It has always been my worst fear as the mother of a daredevil male child, now a daredevil adult male/child.

I pray that this experimental thing will give him hope, I hope that God provides him with wisdom to face all that lies ahead of him, and also for his family.
  8. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

Charlie has been getting therapy to use a wheel chair. He can now get in and out of bed...or swing his legs over. He was so glad to get a shower.

I think it is setting in to parents and their son that he will probably never walk. He still can't feel anything from the waist down.

PC
  9. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

What a terrible thing to happen and to someone so young. I will pray for this young man.

I was just talking recently to one of my former band moms. Her teenage son got in a car wreck just a couple months ago and is now paralyzed in a wheel chair. She was talking about what a good attitude her son has. I was amazed at her as well. She was just beaming. His school just had a fundraiser for them as this is costing them thousands.
    She obviously had a very grateful heart that her son is alive.

Knowing all of this I will pray for Charlie and the family. I pray that they will come to know the Lord and that they can find blessings in the midst of this awful tragedy.

Love,
    Nancy
  10. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Sending healing thoughts and prayers out for Charlie. How is he doing? I hope better.

Best Wishes,
    Sandy