Prayer for Husband Requested

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bakron, Aug 6, 2003.

1. bakron

bakron New Member

Please keep my husband in your prayers over these next weeks. We just discovered a large soft tissue mass in his left axillary area. The physician is referring him for a CT scan and then to a surgeon. Of course the worst of fears arise when something like this happens. Please pray (1) That this situation may be a key to the door for him to find Christ (he is not a Christian); and (2) That he receives the peace that only Christ can give in a situation like this. Since we went to the doctor this AM, he has emotionally pulled away from me, I can feel that. I really appreciate the Worship Message Board, and would just ask that you hold him up in prayer. Thank you, Jeannette
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You and your husband are in my prayers. I don't think it's uncommon for men to become emotionally distant in situations like this. Many of them are just so afraid of their own emotions.

Love, Mikie
  3. bakron

bakron New Member

Thank you for your words, thoughts and prayers. I want you to know that I have really felt those prayers today, and I really appreciate knowing that I have friends that I can share this situation with. My husband doesn't want anyone to know, including family. He's very "funny" about things that have to do with his health, etc. He's a very private person. Knowing that I can share this prayer request with all of you means so much to me.

We are going out-of-state tomorrow and will be gone until next week on Wednesday. I will be in prayer for all the requests that I'm seeing on this board; we will be linked through the Spirit, what a wonderful place to come!

Father, you know my heart and how much I care about those who I see who have so many problems on this Board. You know the hearts and minds of each, you know the needs of each. I would pray that you would reach out and provide that peace to their hearts that only you can provide. May their burdens, whatever they are, be lifted, and may they look to you for their strength. I also give you praise for my friends on the Worship Board, and for the special fellowship that we are able to share as we share our words in prayer. May our lives be your lights in a world that sometimes seem so bleak. I ask these things in the name of Christ. Amen
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Sending prayers up for you and your husband. I pray that the Lord will give you strength and your husband a clean bill of health. Also, may the Lord touch your husband heart and make him a believer.

Best wishes,
    Sandyz
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will be praying for both your request for your husband. Don't let his drrawing away from you be upsetting, that is just a mans way of dealing with what he does not understand, or want to really face up too. He is be fine, when he gets his thoughts sorted out. Its a 'man' thing.

Will hold him up in prayer untill the Lord has dealt with all his needs. Will be praying for you also.

Blessings going out to both of you.

Shalom, Shirl