prayer for marriage....

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by mrs1349, Nov 18, 2004.

1. mrs1349

mrs1349 New Member

Thsi is such a wonderful thing to do for each other....there is certainly power in prayer. I ask that you would please pray for my husband and I. We have been dealing with a lot of stress for a long time and I think it is getting to the breaking point.

Thank you and blessing to all,

Kim
  2. dash

dash New Member

Dear Lord,

I pray for Kim and her husband that you would give them a season of peace. Strengthen their marriage against the pressures and stress of life. Make your power known in their marriage.

In Jesus' name I pray,
    Della
  3. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I sure will pray for you and your husband. Ask God to help heal your relationship, you`ll notice a difference.

Hugs to you,
    Sandy
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is one of the most commone problems for couples dealing with illness. My prayers are with you.

Therapy can be a big help, especially if both go. If your husband will not go, go by yourself. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  5. another_painful_day

another_painful_day New Member

You and I must be paddling up the same rough stream....I too am dealing with stress and it is affecting my marriage. I actually visited alone with my pastor today for almost 2 hours because of the turmoil in my life (everything in general but in my marriage too)So I am with you on the prayer bit. Here goes:

DEAR HEAVENLY FATHER,

I ASK THAT YOU BE WITH KIM AND HER HUSBAND ALONG WITH MY HUBBY AND ME AND THE MANY OTHERS OUT THERE DEALING WITH THE DAILY STRESSES OF LIFE THAT EVENTUALLY WEARS AND TEARS AT OUR MARRIAGES. LORD I ASK YOU PLEASE HELP US ALL TO REMEMBER WHAT REALLY MATTERS IN LIFE AND HELP US TO FOCUS ON THAT. I ALSO ASK THAT YOU TOUCH UPON EACH OF OUR HOUSEHOLDS YOUR BLESSINGS OF HONOR AND HAPPINESS LORD GOD AND KEEP US SAFE AND HAPPY. GUIDE US THRU EACH DAY WITH A NEW BEGINNING AND INTENSE LOVE IN OUR HEARTS.BLESS US LORD WITH PATIENCE AND KINDNESS AND GENTLENESS TOWARDS EACH OTHER. WHEN ROUGH WATERS ARE AHEAD OF US OR UPON US GOD I ASK TO PLEASE HELP US THRU THESES RAGING WATERS AND GIVE US COURAGE AND KNOWLEDGE AND THE POWER TO BE ABLE TO GET TO WHERE WE ALL NEED TO BE. HELP US ALL FIND THAT PERFECT INNER PEACE THAT YOU EXUBE UPON US DAILY, BUT SEEMS TO BE OVERLOOKED BECAUSE OF THE STRESSES THAT TAKE OVER AND BECOME SO OVERWHELMING FOR ALL OF US TO BEAR. WITH THIS I ASK OF YOU IN THE NAME OF YOUR SON JESUS CHRIST, AMEN

May God Bless all of you!
    -DIANE
  6. fairqueen

fairqueen New Member

Dear Heavenly Father

Please be with Kim and her husband as they struggle with their marriage. Free them of pride so they may be able to talk and listen to each other. Remind them of the love they once knew and help them make YOU the center of their lives. Father, I ask that you help Kim see her husband through Your eyes and that her husband sees Kim through Your eyes, also. Put your arms around them and let them know they are loved and help them renew their love for each other. In Jesus' name I pray

Amen
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Have been where you are at now. Only the Lord can help us deal with family stress.

Will be sincerely praying for you and your husband. The most important thing we can do for one another is pray, that is why the Lord told us to gather ourselves together, for prayer and supplication.

God bless, and know that I pray for all request on this board, and the others daily, but do not post as often as I should anymore.

God's most precious blessings going out to you and your husband. May peace take the place of strife..............

Shalom, Shirl