PRAYER for music resource

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by no1buddybear, Apr 19, 2006.

1. no1buddybear

no1buddybear New Member

My church family and I would appreciate your prayers for musician resource for our church.

Our worship co-ordinator of many years and her husband (our only keyboardist/pianist) are relocating oversees and this will leave a HUGE gap!

We are quite a small fellowship

thanks all

Thank God for his answer to prayer as we have had an awesome couple take up this role who have been doing leading for years. The are so awesome!! and it is going great. Praise God![This Message was Edited on 01/15/2007]
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

but how far would the commute be? I live in NY. Piano players and organists are going to become more rare and very soon. I am giving up my piano studio the end of the school year, but it only effects a few students. Years ago I had 20 to 25 students per week. Now, kids are interested in soccer and sports. And, even the music students want band or orchestra instruments so they can be part of a group.

I have been offered lots of paid jobs, but my back is a no go. There are not many people coming through the ranks with my skills. I feel like a dying breed... church organist.

Good luck.
  3. no1buddybear

no1buddybear New Member

I think New Zealand might be a bit far to come! LOL
    Even with your back problems, I hope you will still be able to keep playing. The piano is my favorite instrument :)
  4. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Your country is beautiful. I have an email friend from Waipawa, Central Hawkins Bay and at Christmas she sends a calendar. She also has fms. If I were rich and famous and had a private jet, I would visit some week and play . I so enjoy the accent, I could just sit for the day and listen to you speak. Sorry, not meaning to make light of your music situation. I am in the wrong place at the wrong time to help out.