Prayer help needed

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, Aug 8, 2003.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

To anyone who will listen and care. I've been on a roller coaster with depression for years. But things got worse in Dec 02, when my vision started giving me problems. All the Eye drs say its due to my age (42) and that I had RK suregery on my eyes years ago. I don't read my bibles as I should, but I go to church, sunday school, I have a day to day prayer book by Billy Graham that helps. I'm on meds from my Dr. and hoping they'll work. If my vision is good ,I feel fine, if its not, i'm depressed. I read this Prayer each day " Whatever I fear the most, Lord Jesus, I put into your hands, knowing you will give me peace and couragge". My trouble is truly turning everything over to Jseus. Easier said than done. Can everyone pray for me to be able turn my troubles over to him completely!!! Will this make me feel better? I hope so. I know we are all sinners, and I've done my share, and I have asked for forgiveness. Any prayers or advice would be welcome.

Thanks, Danny in Texas
  2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Thanks for your replies. I treasure your prayers.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will be praying for you request, we all have that problem, we ask the Lord to take the problem we have, then we take it back and try to 'fix' it ourselves. Thats the human nature of us all.

YOu just keep giving it to Him, and He will work it out for you.

I will pray that you can give it up, and let the Lord do the job for you.

God bless..................

Shalom, Shirl
  4. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Thanks everyone for the prayers, they definitely helped today. like my dad used to say "├ľne day at a time". All I can thank the lord is for today,this moment. There're are no other days guaranteed. Life is precious and praise our saviours name Jesus. I'm not real good with words, But I feel humbled in gods presence. Thank you lord for the many blessings I have. I will be here day , along with all my prayers for the others here. Thanks.

Danny in Texas
  5. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Dear Lord please lift each one of us up and hear our prayers. Strenghthen ud and give us Peace and the Courage to face what we each face everyday. I know that I have my highs and lows every day, but I know that you are right beside me. Thank you for all the blessings you have bestowed upon me and my family.

This is in Jesus name, Amen
  6. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Anyone here ever had RK or Lasik Surgery on their eyes?
    Just curious.
  7. Takesha

Takesha New Member

Welcome to this board. We are glad you are here. When I read your post I was reminded of the scripture that says that "Those who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength and will mount up with wings as eagles (eagles have excellant eye sight) they shall walk and not be weary, run and not faint. I think this promise is for you. I will be praying for you also. I get all excited when I read all the responses to prayer requests because I know where two or more agree, it shall be done. Depression is a hard thing to deal with, so I pray that God will fill you with His Joy and peace, and laughter will replace any sorrow. In Jesus name...Amen. Here's a hug sent your way.
    Takesha
  8. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

Some people really respond to music, and others do not. But for me it is a big deal. I'm very emotional and tend to get myself worked into depression fairly easily. But playing Christian music helps me keep at peace and keep a sense of inner prayerfulness at all times. It is very uplifing. You can find good Christian radio stations in just about every market, and judging by your age I'd have to guess you probably like the same kind of music I do (I'm 40). If you're not too familiar with it, you could post some of your favorite secular bands and I could try to help you find similar Christian music that you would like. I'm a fan of rock and roll, and there's some outstanding quality music out there in that genre. The nice thing is you don't have to be able to read to enjoy the uplifting messages!