Prayer Help, Please

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Andrew111, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Hi. I usually post on the ME/CFS & FM board. But now I have another problem. Four days ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer.

The doctor told me the cancer has not spread beyond the prostate, and that my PSA is not super high. So I don't have to rush to surgery, and we can just track it for awhile. I've heard that some prostate cancer just sits there and never grows more, never requires surgery. I'm hoping this is really possible.

I've never asked for prayer help before. But this time I need all the help I can get. Would you please pray for me to have a good outcome with this.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

...a good outcome. Good news that you don't have to immediately have surgery! Good it hasn't spread.

I will remember you in my prayers...you and the docs who are helping you. I pray they will be very on-top of your condition and know the right treatment for this.

God's peace to you,
    Sue
  3. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Hi Sue.

Thank you for your kindness.
  4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

will send prayers for you.
  5. redhummingbird

redhummingbird New Member

I'm sorry you're having to deal with prostate cancer in addition to cfs.

My dad was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer in 1991. He is still alive today with no return of the cancer. Because it had advanced outside the prostate he did an experimental treatment at the time which included taking female hormones to stop the testosterone from feeding the cancer. That and some radiation therapy saved his life.

It's good that your PSA is not super high and that it has not spread. It's true that some prostate cancer just sits there, and never requires surgery.

I'll pray for you. May you have a sense of peace.
  6. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Thanks to you all.
  7. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Sending up a healing prayer for you!

Hugz,
    Tona
  8. Ginner

Ginner New Member

My prayers are with you.

I prayer for healing of this cancer.

And for health and joy to come into your life.

Bless you

Ginner
  9. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

My hubby has gone through this. he had it 2 years ago and went through radiation and all is well right now.

Keep your chin up. Your diagosis sounds very positive. We prayer for you - it doe4s help.

Love, Lilac
  10. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

More thanks and much appreciation. You people are great!