Prayer-Living with Disability -reminded of "Letter to Family"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mjwarchol, Mar 9, 2006.

1. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

I don't usually post or discuss religion. But I found this prayer in a book yesterday and thought some of you might appreciate it.

God, I wish I could pray and You would magically free me from disability. I wish I were not handed this fate. But the only life I have is the one that you have given me.

Help me, God, to realize all the gifts hidden inside me. Teach me that there is a way around each obstacle, that I can surmount wach barrier in my path. Shield me, God, from stares and cruelty. Most of all, protect me from pity. I don't want people's pity, I want their companionship, their respect, their love.

When I grow weary, God, renew my spirit. When I am frightened, teach me faith. When I despair, fill me with hope. When I get frustrated, be my comfort. Remind me to treasure all the miracles that I often ignore.

Bless me, God, with life and strength and joy.
  2. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

Thank you for sharing. I appreciate it!

Leanne
  3. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

For the reminder to count our blessings. It's so easy sometimes to get so caught up in our pain that it's hard to see beyond it. We do grow weary and our faith does get weak.

But even in our illness we can still be a blessing to someone, make them smile.

Wren