Prayer needed for my grandson..............

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Shirl, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Shirl

Shirl New Member

My DIL called me this morning, it seems my 17 year old grandson (Tommy), who I had raised for the first five years of his life is getting totally out of hand.

He has one more year of high school, and wants to quit. He argued with his Dad about who knows what, to the point that my son was so disappointed with him, that he simply went to bed, rather than continue a senseless argument.

I think he is having problems with some of the other boys in the neighborhood, I am not sure what it is about either.

This is a child that did not cause his parents any problems before this issue, and I do not know all that went on with him and his parents.
    Nor do I know the reasons he is acting up, or whatever you want to call it. This is out of character for him. He is usually a happy go lucky kind of kid. He is almost 6' tall and 200lbs, a big boy for sure.

They asked me if I would talk to him for them, as he usually listens to me, or let him stay with me so he can finished his last year of school out here in the country.

I do not mind him staying with me, as he and I always got along great and he knows that I am a no nonsence grandma, and that I am not well.

I would so appreciate your prayers for everyone concerned here, and for the Lord to give us all the wisdom and understanding to understand what the problem is with Tommy.

I have not spoken to him directly yet. The above is what his Mother told me this morning. The last time I saw him was Christmas, and he was fine then.

He is suppose to go work with my husband for the summer in the oil field, which would be good experience for him, but the agreement was that he would finish school next year.

Please pray for all of us, wisdom is the necessary element here when dealing with teens, as I so well know!

Thank all of you in advance, one, for reading this 'book' and most of all for your wonderful sincere prayers.

God's blessings to all of you.

Shalom, Shirl

2. blessings

blessings New Member

Its late, but I felt like I needed to come to the board;
    I sure know what its like , the concern of our children and as much or more so for the grandchildren. They have so many more temptations and options than we did. It seems we must always totally rely upon the Lord. I thank Him that He invites us to do so.

Father; I come to You in the name of Jesus, Your only begotten Son, in whom we have access to Your throne.

Lord, this age is a difficult one and seems to be a critical one for the teens to make the right decisions, regardless of how well they were raised. So, Lord, I lift Shirl's grandson up before You. I ask that You direct his path, that his choices would be directed by Your Holy Spirit.

I pray that You will impart wisdom and guidance for him and the family. I ask that he will open his heart to his grandmother . I ask that you help this young man , Dear Lord. I ask for mercy and grace upon him and that You would shelter him under Your watchful eye. Please turn his heart toward You, Dear Lord. The world waits to 'eat up' our young, and the flesh wars against the spirit. Lord, You are greater than these. I pray for your deliverance and protection for him and peace and comfort for the family. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Take heart, Shirl, it may take time, but Gods word does not return to Him void, but accomplishes what He sets out to do.
    God Bless you and your family, love, blessings
  3. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Hi Shirl....I will remember Tommy in my prayers and for God to give you His wisdom as you talk to him. I know it is so hard to understand teens. It sounds like he has a special relationship with you so hopefully, he will listen to you.
    You have prayed for my Tommy and now it is my privilege to pray for yours! God bless you Shirl and I know God will intervene in this.

Love,
    Gail
  4. Blond

Blond New Member

and with God's help,I believe you and your family will figure out what is best for all concerned.Tommy is at a tough age,things that are really nothing are HUGE to him.I think that saying"makin Mountains out of molehills"I really believe they were referring to Teenagers.
    Bless his heart who knows what is bothering ur Tommy right now,hopefully Grandma can help:)
    I will pray for U and your family,I know all to well what it's like dealing with a teen.I thought I was emotional!!!
    Everything will be fine,Y'll see.Try not to worry to much.
    Love alwayzzzzz,Blond
  5. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Hello Shirl,

I will be praying for you all, especially Tommy and ask the Lord to guide you all through this hard time. May you all be blessed and I will pray also that the Lord touches his heart. God bless you Shirl.

Danny
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You know my prayers are with you and your family always. I will pray for wisdom and guidance for this situation.

Love, Mikie
  7. Lumare41

Lumare41 New Member

I will be praying for your son his wife and your grandson.Having a 16yr.old son myself I can relate.My son is also a big boy.He is 6'3 and weighs 190 and still growing.He is quiet and a good kid but the pressure on kids these days is horrible.He is blessed to have a Grandma he can talk to and confide in.Sometimes it's easier than talking to mom and dad.I will pray that God gives you and your husband the guidance you need in helping him.
    Love,Luann
  8. 30feeling80

30feeling80 New Member

I trust that God will put the right words into your mouth at just the right time. I thank God that Tommy has a family who is concerned enough to fight for the better side of him. God brought you all to this, he will see you through this.

Praying for you, Tommy, his parents, and the "other boys in the neighborhood".
    ~30
  9. 30feeling80

30feeling80 New Member

BLESSINGS What she wrote was beautiful and direct. After reading her prayer, I have no doubt this situation will have a positive result!
    Love,
    ~30
  10. J-in-Ohio

J-in-Ohio New Member

Sorry to read about what's going on with your grandson. I know how hard it is for teenagers these days. My oldest is 20 (with ADD) and we've had such a time with him. He's basically a good kid, but, oh, the decisions and choices he's made! He was FINALLY turning around and getting things together, got a great job now, was helping around the house and financially. Then he and his friend's girlfriend started hanging out together more and more and then, well....
    Last Friday he came home and announced that he got an apartment and was moving out that weekend. I am still trying to get over the shock. And I still have a 14 year old to contend with!

Anyway, I will keep you and your grandson in my prayers that this passes quickly and he gets back on track. It's good for him that you two have a good relationship. He may need someone other than parents who will listen.
  11. Luann53051

Luann53051 New Member

I will definitely be praying for you, Tommy, and your family. I pray that the Lord will give all of you the wisdom and understanding to understand Tommy right now.

Hugs,
    Luann
  12. dash

dash New Member

Dear Lord,

I pray for Tommy that he would be able to share with his family what is troubling his heart. Give this family your peace and comfort. Gift his parents and grandmother with discernment and wisdom. Show them all Your will in this situation and give them the faith and grace it takes to follow Your path.

In Jesus name I pray,
    Della
  13. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Teenage years are tough even for the good kids and their parents, will pray for your family, June
  14. jolly

jolly New Member

It sounds like something has happened with this kid that he's not telling. It just sounds too out of character from how you describe him. Maybe he'll talk to you. He obviously is carrying some big stone around his neck to want to quit school all of a sudden. Maybe he's scared of somebody, but it does sound like something happened that he's holding in. I'll pray for him, too. Hopefully, it's something that's huge in his young mind, but not too big to be handled by older, wiser people. Jo Ellen
  15. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Praying for Tommy as you requested.

God bless,
    Sandy
  16. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

hands are starting to hurt so typing is getting difficult.
    Bless You, I am praying
    Lisa
  17. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Praying for you and your family, and grandson. I have a 17 yr old myself. I stress to him how important it is to finish school. Sounds like it is out of charachter.

My 11 yr old was acting out of charachter also a few weeks ago. Then he opened up about being picked on, on the school bus. It was to the point he was going to fight another kid. For name calling, teasing. It all turned out good in the end result.

Just go by your gut instincts. Its cool you have such a great relationship with him. Thats such a blessing.