Prayer needed

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by j9miller, Jun 26, 2003.

1. j9miller

j9miller New Member

I know with all of the pain and suffering we all deal with that this may be trivial to many but I still hope you will say a prayer. Our family dog "Gizzy" got a hold of a bufoo frog (sp?) tonight. We had to take him to the ER Animal Hospital. He was in VTAC and having seizures. They gave him the needed shots and hooked him to an IV and the next 6 or so hours will tell. My daughters as well as my husband and I just love this little dog. He is a chihuahua/terrier mix and the most loving, funniest, most personality filled dog I have ever met. My 11 year was with us and is having a very hard time and my 13 year is flying home from Colorado, camp, right at this moment (lands at 11:45 PM EST) and will be faced with this horrible news. PLEASE ... as trivial as this may be to some of you ... we love this dog and want him in our lives.

Janine
    [This Message was Edited on 06/26/2003]
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

This is not a trivial prayer request, I have five dogs, and let me assure you they are part of the family here too.

My white boxer was bit twice by poisonous snakes, believe me you have never seen someone pray so much for a dog. As sick as I was both times, I never got much sleep till she was out of danger. The vet wanted to put her to sleep, I refused and treated her with herbs, sweet milk, and layed on the floor with her till she could get on her feet. I think all that saved her was prayer, and the deep love for this hundred pound dog. She is 10 years old, and I dread the day I have to let her go.

I will pray for you little Gizzy untill you let me know she is alright again. After all they are God's creation too, and He does give us charge over them, that means praying for them too.

I have a little one something like yours, I found her in a supermarket a year ago, could not find the owner, so she is mine. She is also part Chihuahua/Douchund, brindle and about 3 1/2 pounds. Such a cutie and soooo sassy and silly. I named her 'Penny'.

God bless, and will be waiting to hear an update on your Gizzy.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The patron saint of animals to give comfort to your dog and you whole family.

Love, Mikie