Prayer Needed

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by dash, Aug 3, 2004.

1. dash

dash New Member

Many of you have been praying for Bob, my brother-in-law, who has terminal cancer. My sister told me that his condition has taken a turn for the worse. His face around the jaw line and up the side is swelling.

Along with this, he has undergone personality changes and is becoming extremely angry and argumentative. He has directed this anger towards a disabled uncle, who is living with them. The uncle has severe heart problems that will eventually result in his death. My sister is caught between two very sick men.

Our guess is that the cancer may be spreading to Bob's brain. Of course, anger is normal for someone facing this situation, but our instincts tell us this is something different.

Please pray for Bob and my sister, Marie, as the Lord leads you.

Della
  2. Yesh

Yesh New Member

Not that I am telling you your brother-in-law has a brain tumor, I pray his does not;however; I have had several patients who have had brain tumors and their personalities changed drastically.

I will keep you, your family, and your brothein-law in my prayers. Keep us updated on how he is doing.

God Bless

Yesh
  3. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

I'm so sorry to hear that Bob has taken a turn for the worse. My heart goes out to both Bob and Marie.

I will certainly be praying for both of them. Please keep us updated on his condition.

Blessings, Judy
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Sending prayers for your brother-in-law and family. I know the horrors of cancer because my dad died from colon cancer. Its so hard to watch them suffer. May God bless and be by their sides through this difficult time.

Sandy
  5. grge

grge New Member

Some of us often feel overwhelmed by lifes' circumstances. I pray in the name of Jesus that He will send you his comfort and love and send peace and serinity to your house.

grge
  6. dash

dash New Member

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. I believe my posting this request was very timely.

We(my husband, son, and I) share a home with my best friend and mother. Yesterday morning, my friend took her mother to the doctors. We had been in the ER with her the night before for pain and swelling in her foot. Low and behold, my sister was in the waiting room.

Marie was there to get help for herself. She suffers from clincal depression, and her medications were not enough to meet her needs. She had been getting panic attacks in her car. (That was the only place where, she didn't have to control her feelings.)

Well, God put my friend, Dorothea there to listen and comfort her with the love of Christ. The doctor changed Marie's medications and told her she needed to see a counselor. My poor sister doesn't have the time, or money to go to a counselor. So God sent her a sister in the Lord to meet her needs for moment.

I talk to Marie later in the day and she was doing a lot better. I'm asking God to continue to send His people to minister to her everywhere she goes.

Love,
    Della
  7. JimB

JimB New Member

I'm in agreement with Della. Jim
  8. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

My heart felt a heavy burden when I read your request. I will pray tonight.
    Monkeykat