Prayer Needed

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by roadkill, Dec 12, 2004.

1. roadkill

roadkill New Member

Pray for my fiance. Pray against the "bottle" the alcohol, that has seduced him and is robbing him of all that is precious.
  2. katsgirl

katsgirl New Member

Roadkill I will pray for your fiance. I pray that he reconige that he has a problem with alcohol. I pray that he will be willing to accept the help that will come to him.

I also pray for you. I pray for you to have strenght, and faith. Believe in your heart that God can do ANYTHING.

I have had personal experience with what you are going through. It took a lot of prayers and faith to bring my loved one out from under that rock of addition, and it was done.

If you study the bible, when you need extra strenght, read Isaiah 40:31, 26:3-4, or 1 John 5:14-15, just to name a few :>)

I pray for you both.......Amen
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

BTW, have you contacted Al Anon? It might really help you.

Love, Mikie
  4. me123

me123 New Member

I will pray for your friend and for you. Before you marry you might want to wait until he overcomes this problem. If not it could spoil a good marriage.
  5. roadkill

roadkill New Member

I am leaving to a woman's shelter tonight. I can't live with this pain anymore. He wants to drink and I am being treated without respect.

Thank you for your prayers. If God wants me to remain in this relationship then He is going to have to make it happen. I've done all that I can and my self worth is suffering. I would rather be alone than be ignored.
  6. Lupian

Lupian New Member

yourself. YOu do not have to tolerate that. His god is in the bottle, and that will be true forever, unless he gets help and puts the plug in the jug and leaves it there.
    You must take care of you, and tonight's decision is a good start - you have to be true to your own highest ideals, and he is not fitting in with that.
    Big hugs for you - a gigantic and scary step, but the right step!!!