Prayer please for PTSD therapy

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by windblade, Apr 25, 2006.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

Please pray that God's great wisdom (intelligence) will be in the therapy session with me, guiding my therapist.

And His greater wisdom that can see the whole picture of whoI am, will lead me through this process.

Since I've had severe post-traumatic-stress-disorder from a very young age, the digging down for those deep, lost or self-sabatoging parts of me is SO HARD.

I am feeling so exhausted, but if I can focus on God's wise judgement for me, above all people; then I feel hope and a rest in Him, throughout the healing process.

It is so wonderful having this prayer fellowship!!!

I feel close to you all, and carry your struggles in my heart each day!

With much love,
    Judy
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

What a journey you are on and have been on since you were so young. I am so sorry for all of this. Life shouldn't be this way...

but, it is, and I do pray for your rest and your ability to discern God's perfect will, His perfect vision of you, and His help in your healing.

Tonight I pray you will rest...Whether emotional or physical, struggles deplete us....and long endured struggles have slowly taken away our strength and our ability to recoup.

Peace be with you as you and God and those of us who care complete what must be done.

Love,
    Sue
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will sure keep you in my prayers, your therapist as well.

I have never had to deal with any kind of depression in my life, but am doing so now, the doctor called it; 'Situational Depression', and a friend called it PDST, since I had family in terrible danger during Katrina, and am also having problems with my marital life for the first time in 33 years (I also have a prayer request here too).

I am so sorry that you have had this since childhood, how terrible for you.

Will be praying the Lord lift that dark cloud that is hanging over you, not hard to remember your request, I am going through something sinilar.

God's blessings going out to you right now.

Shalom, Shirl

4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Bumping this up so you can read the responses again. Since this is an ongoing process. I hope you are making progress with you therapy, I'm sure it can be painful at times.

Remember you are never alone, I just read some where that emamuel means God is with us, He didn't want us to be alone, and came to be with us.

I pray that the Lord will continue to guide you in this, and you therapist will has wisdom and insight, and sensitivity. I ask that you bring healing to Judy, emotionally, and physically, and she would draw close to you, increase her faith Lord.
    In Jesus's name
    Amen
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

Thank you SO MUCH for your prayer and understanding.

Yes, it is an ongoing thing - healing from PTSD. I have some good news that I am going to post - some improvement.

You have such a loving, faith-filled heart! You are a blessing to us all.

Love, Judy

p.s. Since you love poetry, check out the new poetry thread we just started,and please add comments and poems.

I love your comments with your Scripture writings!