Prayer please?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Sunshyne1027, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I am in a stage of depression right now. Not feeling like doing much. No energy, feeling really bad. Been more than a few weeks since like this. The depression, I really dislike it so. I dislike it more than the pain actually.

Prayers needed. I guess for strength to make it through this.
  2. TiffanyL

TiffanyL New Member

PLease dear God be with sunshyne who is struggling and not doing very well. Please help her with her fibromyalgia and pain. Please give her the energy that she needs to keep going. Please encourage her, give her your peace and joy.
    Tiff

Sunshyne
    I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time right now. I have fibromyalgia along with my lupus. It can be very discouraging. Do you have a good doctor who will listen to you about your health concerns? I will keep praying for you. I too have days where I just don't feel like I can keep going.
    STay in touch. I'm on the lupus board alot so you can also catch me there.
    Tiff
  3. Takesha

Takesha New Member

Father in the name of Jesus, I lift this precious child of yours before your throne. I ask you Lord to fill her this moment with your joy as your joy is our strength. Lord may her joy be so full, that it pushes out the depression and leaves no room for any darkness whatsoever. Lord, may she be as her name indicates...full of radiance. In Jesus name
    Amen
    Takesha
  4. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Dear Lord, Please bless sunshyne and relieve her of her depression and pain. Make her whole again and bring her closer to you, Let her know that you are always by her side.
    God bless you.

5. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Sometimes when I pray, I cry and that way whatever is in my heart to pray about... it comes out. I prayed like that last night. Today the migraines have lifted, along with the depression some. Had a couple day migraine with no letup even with pain meds.

Now its making choices on what path to take with vocational rehab. I am not eligible for medical coverage through the welfare dept. if I am pursuing a job. But would rather work, part time is a option. Working from home I would love to , but not sure where and how to do that. Found a couple month course through the university for medical transcription also, thought about that. Most likely tomorrow meeting with my VR counselor. Its like.. I Don't know what to do about all that either!!

Its our income, trying to make ends meet with just my husbands. He gets upset alot,frustrated, when it becomes so hard to make ends meet. I told him that God will provide all we need, to keep faith. So his mood has lifted some also.

Your right.. the devil does put things in ones head to bring on depression.

I apreciate all prayers, from the bottom of my heart. I am feeling better today, not all the way there. But a little. Prayer...It does wonders! Believeing and being a Christian, having faith does magical things too!

Love you all!!

Sunshyne
  6. Takesha

Takesha New Member

Please, Please, Please, if you have a documented disability search in your state listings to see if you have a Department of Vocational Rehab in your area! I have been with them since 1999 and my counselor has been so wonderful. They will pay for classes...put out job applications...and help you in any way they can. The application is short and not complicated. It does not matter How disabled you are, just that you are. Let me know if your near one. It is soooo worth checking into.
    Takesha
    Call toll-free (Ohio only) 1-800-282-4536 voice/TTY, Monday - Friday, 8:15 a.m.-4:45 p.m. EST.
    Or, dial (614) 438-1200 voice/TTY.
    I did a search and here is the toll free number for your area. If you do a search just search for Department of Vocational Rehabilitation.[This Message was Edited on 08/19/2003]
  7. TiffanyL

TiffanyL New Member

Sunshyne,
    I am glad that you are doing better today. I'll keep praying. I am sorry that things are so rough. Keep us posted.
    Tiff
  8. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I went to school right before the diagnosis of Fibro, then vocational rehab payed for me to go back to school in desktop publishing. I am finished with school, got the certificates and diplomas. I have the skills for administrative assistant, desktop publisher, clerical, office, data entry..etc. I actually did very well in school, along with the FM. My dream is to go into dektop publishing. Love it! Use my creative side to me. Its what I love!

Want to work from home, try and start my own business. With the fibro, migraines happening lately, guess I lost hope some. Then the job market really is bad right now, been searching for a job, in between the episodes of depression and FM symptoms flareing.

Going in tomorrow to meet with my ongoing vocational rehab counselor, talk things out. See where to go with it all. They also have help with starting your own business too.

I am not eligible whatsoever to recieve disability benefits. Not enough work credits. If I were to work part time for 5 years, then yes I am eligible. If me and my husband were to seperate then yes I can get benefits. Not eligible for foodstamps to help us out. Not eligible for medical coverage while in vocational rehab either. My kids are on healthy start.

Takesha.. I live in Ohio also.. Wild!!

I have no medical insurance. Having a hard time buying meds right now.

I thank everyone for their prayers.

:)
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I do not have depression, but do feel pretty down sometimes, so can relate in a small way.

May the Lord touch you from the crown of your head to the soles of your feet and heal you of all that is causing this depression.

God's blessings, and His marvelous light shine on you...

Shalom, Shirl
  10. mamafrey

mamafrey New Member

I am praying for you. I get low alot of times when i get in alot of pain. I hate it. Time and pray will heals all things. You take care of yourself, i hope your weekend goes well and your spirits are lifted. Sometimes when i feel low i will go for along walk by myself and just talk to God, it eases the pain or the low moments when i have them. God Bless You, mamafrey
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry; depression is horrible. I pray that God lifts it from you and sends you His peace.

Love, Mikie
  12. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

You all are so beautiful! Seeing through the thick clouds of depression, fought my way out of it again. Learned a few more things about myself. Grew closer to God, Jesus in the process. There was a reason for the depression, yet at the time it was going on, I just didn't see it.

Thanks Everyone!!