Prayer reguest for me please

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by griswoldgirl, Feb 6, 2002.

1. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

i am praying for the willingness to stop smoking. I must and cannot seem to even get willing even though my surgery has a less sucess rate if I do not. It hinders bone graf from healing not to mention it is just plain unhealthy. I have smoke on and off since I was 12 and have quit in the past up to 3-4 years at a time. I have never gotten back up to a huge habbit but one is too many!

please help!

Also please pray for me to seek god more diligently and find the faith and get out of the fear and negativity i am in right now.

god bless all of you and as always the board and all people whom suffer from these DD's are in my prayers daily

cathy
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Cathy will add you to my prayer list. For your releationship with the Lord, and for you to stop smoking.

Try giving Him the desire for the cigarette, when you feel you want the cigarette, ask Him to take the desire from you. My husband did this over ten years ago, and has never smoked again.

I will be praying for your strength in this matter also.

God bless, and be assured we are with you in prayer.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. aundi_girl

aundi_girl New Member

hi,
    Please see my post under the main board for you.

hugz xoxox,
    Aundi :)
  4. maryt

maryt New Member

Hi, griswoldgirl! I am also trying to quit the nicotine thing. I haven't smoked in over three months. It was a slip, then, I hadn't smoked in over a year before that. One thing that has helped me is the Quitnet. It is a good site for those thinking about quitting and in the process of quitting. You will get a lot of good support there for your Quit and a lot of good information. Hope this helps. Praying for you and your Quit. Maryt