prayer request for 19 year old with cancer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by redsox10, Aug 19, 2004.

1. redsox10

redsox10 New Member

Hello,

I am requesting prayers for my 19 year old niece and god child. She has just been diagnosed with melanoma in her eye. She had surgery yesterday to remove her eye. The surgeons saw another area on her nerves that does not look good. The did a biopsy and there is a 90% chance it is the melanoma. Please say some prayers for this wonderful 19 year old and her family. Thank you in advance for all your prayers.
  2. grge

grge New Member

I pray in the name of Jesus that your niece will be completely healed and her life from this point on will be richly blessed
    Georgia
    [This Message was Edited on 08/20/2004]
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I will pray that your niece feels the Lord's love, and that she is able to feel the power of his healing. Also, to be given the power to cope, with this frightening experience.

My prayers are with all of you. Especially your niece.

God Bless you all,

Kim
  4. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I can sure understand what you and your family are going through.

My daughter's 19 yearold boyfriend has cancer. It is in the bonemarrow now and he is awaiting a bonemarrow transplant.

As I type this, he is at the hospital having to get two pints of blood.

This is something that no child should ever have to go through.I will pray for your family and please keep Alex and his family in your prayers.
    In Christ...lacey
    [This Message was Edited on 08/20/2004]
  5. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

Hi and Welcome to the Worship Board, We are all so glad to have you join us.

I'm so sorry to hear about your neice, She is so young to be going through so much. I will certainly be praying for her and her family.

Blessings, Judy
  6. dash

dash New Member

I am praying for your nieces situation. I understand the trauma of losing an eye. My nephew lost his in an accident while attending a birthday party I was hosting for him in my home.

The fact that it is cancer is devestating. My brother-in-law is fighting terminal cancer right now. I just posted a prayer request for him on this board.

I am asking for God's mercy that the melanoma has not spread and that she will be healed of this disease.

God Bless,
    Della
  7. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Welcome! What a horrible thing for a 19 year old to have to go through. I will be praying for her and her family. God works in mysterious ways and can bring something good out of even terrible things like this poor family is going through.

There will be blessings for them in all this to help them through it. Let us know how she is doing.

Love,
    Sandy
  8. redsox10

redsox10 New Member

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. We have bad news. My niece has to have extensive surgery on Wednesday due to the mapping biopsy shows the cancer. She is very sick. Please continue to remember her in your prayers. The surgey alone is going to be very traumatic. She does not have any easy road ahead of her.
  9. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I am praying for her, and also coming into agreement with the other prayers for her.
    luv lisa
  10. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

I'm so sorry to hear that your neice has to have extensive surgery. My heart goes out to her and her family.

There is nothing impossible for the Lord, He can make everything that seems impossible, possible. He is the Great Healer and the Great Physican.

I will certainly be praying for the Lord to pour His healing love into every cell of your neice's body and heal her and restore her health. I will also be praying for the Lord to be with her and her family and give them peace and comfort.

Blessings, Judy

11. redsox10

redsox10 New Member

Thank you all for the wonderful and sincere prayers. They leave today to go out of town for the surgery. The surgery is tomorrow. Please keep on sending your prayers to my niece and her family. She is a wonderful young lady and all the prayers are appreciated. Thank you!
  12. jill5050

jill5050 New Member

I will also pray for you niece and the rest of the family. It's so hard when we wonder and question. God is working in your nieces life- he has a plan. I pray that it is in His will to completely heal her.

Please keep us posted
    In prayer,
    Carlie
  13. redsox10

redsox10 New Member

Thank you for your prayers and support. My niece does not have to go back to Philadelphia until next week. Please continue to remember her in your prayers.
    Thank you!
  14. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Lord,
    I pray for Redsox10's niece and the boyfriend of Laceymae's daughter who are both suffering with cancer. Father, I ask for healing for your precious children today. Be their strength as they struggle to cope with what is happening to them, surround them with your love and comfort them. You are Lord of all, with you all things are possible, nothing is too hard for you! Bring healing and peace to these children and their families: give them faith to believe that you can restore them. I ask this prayer in Jesus' name. Amen.