Prayer REquest for depression

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by windblade, Mar 9, 2006.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

Please pray for me - going through a very hard time. Trying to heal from lifelong Post-traumatic-stress-disorder, which has affected my whole life.

Working hard with a special therapist - but feel very discouraged, or like I have battle fatigue.

Also, many other problems have bombarded me at the same time.

Please pray that I can stay close to Christ - I am just so tired of battling everything in life.

Thank you for your prayers!

I will pray for your requests also!
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Oh Father, sometimes your children become so weary and tired, please life Windblade up to you and help her as she battles with health in mind, body, and spirit. Help to to stay close to you and help her faith to grow as she holds you in her heart through all these earthly trials.

In Christ's name I pray, AMEN!

L, Jeannette
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Ahhhh - thank you SO much for your prayers. They were answered very quickly last night.

I realized I had to stop fighting so hard, and let go of ALL problems, and totally rest in God's strength!

It's amazing but my depression went away, as I finally was able to do this!

Thanks be to God!!!

What a relief!!!

I'm just resting, and sleeping, and letting mind, body and spirit be renewed.

Thank you dear friends for your loving prayers!!!

Love and blessings to you too!
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

Thank you so much for your prayers! It's so good to hear from someone else who has PTSD and is in the healing process.

Sometimes I feel like a martian because everyone else is living such a different life, and it's so hard to explain!

My depression has lifted, as I realized I needed to stop fighting so hard - for good things - but I was so worn out.

Now, for a while I've just let go of everything - and am resting up - leaning against God's love!!!

Prayers and blessings to you on your healing journey!
  5. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

OMG HONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am seriously crying right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just posted to you on the thread that fight started for everyone and was just going on and on about my stupid crap and here you are just as depressed if not more!!!!

((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

Honey I am so sorry that things are tough right now! I completely understand about being bombarded with a bunch of stuff all at once!

AND to make matters worse I personally feel a little weird talking about them on the boards now because for some of us no matter how hard we try we really do have a lot going on at one time but now I think people question that because of certain events that happened as of late.

Did that make any sense? Crap! I hope so!

Anyway honey I am PRAYING for you with all my heart and might!!!!!

Good for you for working with a therapist too honey!!!! Please keep me posted on you!!!!!!!!!

Depression is so hard so thank you for reaching out and allowing us to know what was going on so we can pray for you!!!

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

kate
  6. Stidham66

Stidham66 New Member

I'm sorry that you suffer from PTSD. I know that this can be very difficult for you. I will be praying for you.
  7. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

going up for you hun!!

(((((Big Gentle Hugs)))))
    ~Bluerose~
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I, too, have been feeling that all I have done in life is battle...everything is hard and seems to be getting harder. I am so tired of it.

And then I saw your post, and your recognition that relying on God is what we need to do...not handle things ourselves but allow Him to take the load.

I know this, and I have known it forever, it seems, but I always find myself taking the burdens back...fighting more, stressing more.

Thank you for posting. I will pray that you will continue to remember God's faithfulness and I would ask that you do the same for me! We don't have to be this stressed and tired. (-:

Hugs,
    Sue
  9. kch64

kch64 New Member

When you get tired of fighting the battles, then let go and let the Lord fight them for you.

It took me a long time to realize this. We struggle so much, but the Lord wants us to give our struggles up to him.

He will definately fight them for you. You belong to Him.

I will pray hard for you that He will help you see that you can rest in him.

Love,
    Kendra
  10. windblade

windblade Active Member

I do have such a strong feeling in my life that now is the time to be open to God - I've reached a wall where I can't really fight anymore.

It's so hard for me to do right now - to let things in my life be so chaotic. I feel like such a failure today.

And yet running so strongly through it all is this intuition - this urging to turn to God, and ask for His plans and solutions and ideas.

I read something so beautiful lately, to paraphrase that God's will is not hard and rock-like, but is fluid; waiting for us to interact with him, to open ourselves and allow him to express himself in our realities.

We can refuse that, or just get too distracted, or close him off, and then that possibility will not happen.

So much depends on our response.

Thank you Sue for your prayers. YES, I will pray the same for you. I believe with all my heart in God's faithfulness, and yet need to painfully walk through the reality.

I pray for you to have rest and peace, and practice letting go.

Like the Serenity Prayer - having the wisdom to know when we can't change things.

Sending you blessings!
  11. windblade

windblade Active Member

Everything you wrote is just what I need to learn - I guess that's the good part of bad times.

To experience letting go, and trusting more. It's so scary for me to let God fight my battles when it's something so crucial!

I love what you wrote " I will pray hard for you that He will help you see that you can rest in him"

Thank you so much for your prayers, dear Kendra!

Love and blessings to you!
  12. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Windblade!

I love the quote...God waiting to interact in our realities. I know that this Worship Board help me to be open several times a day to hear God, to not be distracted which is so easy when life is swirling around your outside and around in your mind inside!

Thank you for the thought and the prayers.

Blessings for a peaceful, "resting" day.

Sue