Prayer Request- My mom committed suicide

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by kriket, Dec 13, 2010.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

I have come here in the past seeking prayers for my mom as she lost her home and was dealing with depression as well as fibromyalgia. On May 6th, of this, year my mom took her life and it has left me in shambles and took a really bad toll on me emotionally and physically. I need strength, guideance,peace, and understanding. Please keep my family in your prayers.

Thanks all- Kriket
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I am so sorry. Kriket-HUGS, HUGS, HUGS, HUGS, HUGS. Please accept my condolences and sympathy to you and your family and prayers for guidance, strength, understanding, peace and so much love.

This is just a suggestion that you can put aside and perhaps return to and possibly use later. There is a support group called Survivors of Suicide, which is for the family and loved ones left behind and that group might help. It lets you speak out to others who have experienced a loss through suicide and together struggle with the pain and deal with the anger. They also have groups around the U.S. http://www.survivorsofsuicide.com
    [This Message was Edited on 12/14/2010]
  3. springwater

springwater Active Member

Im so sorry to hear of your loss, how devastated you must be! please take care of yourself now and sending warm thoughts and prayers for your mother where she is now and for you and all those who are grieving.

God Bless
  4. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

I am so sorry. I have raised several children that lost their mother the same way. I am their step mother. It was so very hard for them, this I could see..some were still struggling very hard even by the time I married their dad.
    Understanding the why. The hardest part. We can't understand the why, only that the person must have been in so much pain, not only physically, but emotionally. She's your mother, she loves you. I believe she wants you to be happy.
    TwoCatDoctors suggested a very good thing. Maybe you have already tried some counseling, even if you have, try again, especially since you are still struggling.
    Prayers going your way, hoping that you find your own understanding and the peace you are wanting and needing at this time.
    Love, Cynthia
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

I appreciate all of the kind words, prayers, and support. It really helps to know that people really care. I am gng to try and find that certain support group, as I think it would help to talk to people that have gone through the same thing... Thank you guys so much !

Kriket
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

I am so saddened to hear of your tragic loss, and all the suffering you are going through. I think I would be needing also to understand as much as possible. Possibly from the kind of group support that TwoCats mentioned. I suffer from heavy depression too and know what a battle it is.

I will be praying with others here for you and your family - for strength and healing, support, and all that will help you.

I''m going to light a prayer candle now for you.

Judy
  7. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Please forgive me for forgetting to mention ANOTHER source of help for you.

In the local senior centers here (the senior centers are not homes, but activity centers), they allow groups of all ages to use rooms for free for meetings. There is a local Bereavement Support Group that meets and it helps people who have lost a loved one for any reason. That is another resource for you to think about. I'm not pushing you, but just trying to give you some options at a time when it is hard to understand "why it happened" and so much else, and letting you know there are groups out there to help. We care.
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. Her death is one thing but they way she died even more awful. She must have been in a lot of pain and possibly depresion. It ust have been awfull hard on you too.

If they do have any kind of centers for the bereaved that would be a good thing for you and family. Great idea - Two-Cats. May God bless you, your Mom and your family. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry I haven't been here on this board in awhile Lately I haven't been on many of them, mostly Chit Chat. To busy and was trying to get over being sink, etc. all the Christmas stuff. Yes, Christmas is a very hard time with lots of stressors sometimes and I am sure it is very hard for you dear.

God bless,
    Granni
  9. jole

jole Member

My nephew committed suicide at the age of 14 due to medical reasons also. Your mother was going through an anguish that was unbearable for her. You must know she did not intentionally leave any of you, any more than my nephew did. They just wanted the unbearable anguish to stop, and couldn't think past that.

Bless your heart....the Holidays have got to be terrible this year. But remember...as much as you loved her, we are all God's children, therefore God loved her more and I know He understands the pain she felt.

My prayer is that you can stop falling into that hole in your heart each time you think of her, and learn to walk around it. It will get better. Hugs........Jole
  10. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Kriket--

You have really been on my mind lately. I've missed you not seeing you on FB.

You will continue to be in our prayers (me and the fur kid--woof)

Love ya my friend,

Beadlady
  11. Elisa

Elisa Member

Dear Kriket,

I am so sorry.

Losing someone we love is the hardest thing...

I will pray this for you:

"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and rescues those whose spirit is crushed. (Psalm 34:18)

I have prayed this a lot and really thought about it. I really needed God's help in my life.

Here's another comforting scripture that may help...I think of it often.

As a mother comforts her child; so I will comfort you. -Isaiah 66:13

Here's a bunch more that I found for you:

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
    -Psalm 9:9

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. -Matthew 5:4

Cast all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you. -1 Peter 5:6-7

My flesh and heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. -Psalm 73:26

I sought the Lord, and he answered me; He delievered me from all my fears. -Psalm 34:4

You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. -Psalm 18:28

Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. -Psalm 61:1-4

When you said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O Lord, supported me.
    When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. -Psalm 94:18-19.

For He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. -Psalm 91:11

My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.
    -Psalm 119:28

My comfort in my suffering is this; Your promise preserves my life.
    Psalm 119:50

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. -Psalm 147:3

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:1-2

The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. -Proverbs 18:10

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will hold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Be still and know that I am God. -Psalm 46:10

Do not grieve, for the joy of the the Lord is your strength. -Nehemiah 8:10

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. -Joshua 1:9

And we know that all things in God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose. -Romans 8:28

But He said to me, "My grace us sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after all you have suffered for a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. -1 Peter 5:10

The Lord replied, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." Exodus 33:14

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in your heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:28-29

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do no let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

And probably my most favorite:

"Be not far from me." Psalm 22:11

And He's not...God Bless you today and everyday.

Love,

Elisabeth

[This Message was Edited on 12/25/2010]
  12. kriket

kriket New Member

Thank you so much for the verses, they are very helpful. Allso, thank you for your kind words. I am doing better. Thanks to all of you that have prayed for my family. We are trying to come to peace. Please continue to pray if you would, they are helping tremendously. Much love and appreciation to all of you !!!

Kriket
  13. kriket

kriket New Member

I LOVE that poem... It was almost as if I could hear my mom uttering those words to me, as that is exactly what she would want me to do. Thank you so much for sharing.

Much Love- Kriket
  14. sassy2

sassy2 New Member

Thank you for the beautiful verses. I too, needed them. Been going through alot, losing my mom and my only brother, and going through surgery. God's word has always given me strength when I need it the most. Thanks.
    sassy2
  15. windblade

windblade Active Member

Sassy, I am so sorry for your heavy losses. Will be praying for you.... for your surgery, and your grief. That God will faithfully bring his strength and comfort to you.

There are other members here that are too sick to post, but pray throughout the day for the needs of everyone on this board and the other boards also. I'm so thankful for those prayers.

I love the scriptures that Elisa shared also. They have been lifelines to me over the years.

Kriket - I pray for you and your family everytime I see your post here.

May God keep us, and strengthen us, and bring comfort and fullness of life to us all.

Love, Judy
  16. kriket

kriket New Member

You are all SO precious to me. I am doing better as it has been almost a year now since mom has passed. It's still tough, but time will heal my broken heart... I appreciate the prayers from everyone !!

Love Krik
  17. windblade

windblade Active Member

So good to hear from you!

I know what a difference prayer makes for me too - when I'm really down and struggling, with grief and losses and pain and fear; my calling on my friends for prayer makes all the difference in the world.

May God keep pouring his healing love into your heart, and to each one in your family.

Love, Wind
  18. windblade

windblade Active Member

Bumping up