Prayer Request......Please

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Shirl, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I know this is a longstanding prayer request, but my dear friends, things have gotten worst, please continue to pray for us. I am sorry to be such a pest with this, but my whole life depends on your fervent prayers these many months.

I do so thank all of you for your kindness, advice, and most of all for your prayers.

I do pray for all here daily, can't read all requests, but do pray for everyone, God knows your needs and desires.

God's many blessings to all of you.

Shalom, Shirl

Prayer request................ 03/16/06 06:15 PM

Please, for those of you are of the Christian Faith, pray that my husband be under the conviction of the Holy Spirit, he has strayed from the Lord, and life has been an agony for almost a year now, for my whole family. If you are not of my particular faith, then I ask for your prayers also, God hears all prayer.

Also for myself for 'situation depression' which I have never had before in my life.

There is no way I can take the drugs the doctor prescribed, and I am fighting this out with prayer and my own self, not an easy thing to do.

I have learned a big lesson from it all though, I did not understand what people meant when they said they were depressed, but I sure know now. This is worst than the FM that I do have, or anything I have ever experienced in my entire life.

I pray daily for everyone, but especially for those suffering from depression now of all kinds.

Am so very thankful to God and Pro Health for putting our Worship Board back up, it made me cry when I saw the post on the CFS/FM board! We so needed it............

God's blessings to everyone here..

Shalom, Shirl

2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I can feel your hand reaching out and hope that you can feel the good will and prayers from those of us here.

No preaching from me, I have been in dark places. I have had situations that were intolerable. I thought I was handling them, but I was not. I was merely existing from hour to hour.

I know you have lost a lot of weight and that can't be good for you to be 95 pounds.

I pray that you can get some medical intervention to give you the stamina that you need to face the realities of your life. If it means pills and meds, then try. Keep trying. We will also keep up the prayers as you have requested.

I have mentioned before my anti depressant, maprotiline. So old that people have not heard of it. I tried so many, with side effects and problems from the drugs. The only side effect I have had with this drug is weight gain. But , the pleasure of eating, going out to eat is preferable to me to the dark alternatives.

Thanks to this AD I deal better with my life, therefore people around me do also. I am in a totally different place from one year ago when I thought I was facing spinal surgery and facing constant dark thoughts.

I am functioning now, and I owe so much to my AD.

tsk tsk .. I said I wouldn't preach, but I think I have. Shirl dear please reach out for help in any and all directions. You can't help your spouse and his situation until you can function yourself. I ask the Lord to bless and keep you close. You have given so much to the board and other people, we would so much like to offer help back to you.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Preach all you want at me :) Its concern I know, and nothing else....

I have tried to get an appointment with another doctor, but since Katria, you have to wait weeks before you can even get an appointment.

I wrote the Maprotiline down and have it in my purse, so I won't forget to ask about it.

The depression comes and goes, sometimes I have a 'good day' then I fall back into that black hole. Today, I was pretty good. HOpefully tomorrow will be alright too.

I know the Lord is holding me up, and I know all of your prayers are what is doing this for me. You are helping me now, which sometimes we need to be on the 'otherside of the fence', so we can understand others problems better. I know the Lord will allow these kind of things, but He is always there for us no matter what. That I firmly believe, and always have.

Thank you for your concern and for your advice, I do not consider it 'preachy' :).

God bless you lady for your wonderful kindness and prayers.

Shalom, Shirl

4. windblade

windblade Active Member

Lifting you up in prayer. I'm just coming out from a major depression that really floored me. feeling kind of shaky, but hopefully a bit better. I was thinking of you, and praying when I could pray.

Don't ever stop asking for prayers - they open up channels for God's help to come through.

How is your eating coming along?

Praying for your husband - for his heart to be open to God, and prayers for your whole family.

Love, Judy
  5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I am glad I didn't step on your toes. Everybody has ideas and suggestions and unfortunately no single thing works for everyone. I eat now. Everything except bacon which can churn my stomach for weeks.

I find the anti depressant helps me so much. It keeps me on a steadier keel. I am an emotional person, sensitive and I easily absorb the problems of those around me.

My daughter just went through a depression, I recognized it although she did not realize it herself, and she is an RN. She is doing better on medication. But each phone call I tolerated reasonably well. A year ago on no AD I would have cried and obcessed each day.

Yeah, that is what I do best . Obcess. My brain has no "OFF" switch and I can't turn thoughts off. I know I can NOT cure problems of my family, but I seem to absorb them. I find especially the males in my family can have a problem, I have my insides going like an electric mixer, and I can't turn the mixer off. Meanwhile, they are over whatever it was. The females in the family do not react that way.

I digress. I saw a tv show recently on a woman who was hormonally and surgically turned into a man. I do not know or understand the feelings of those people but I learned something I considered important from that show. The person said the more testosterone she took, the more she realized she was easily distracted and did not zone in on her problems. By the time she had a great deal of male hormones she admitted her perception of problems was totally different. Things rolled off her/his back. I thought it was very interesting.

I took elavil for over ten years, finally I took myself off of it. I did not have withdrawal problems like I have read here, I think it had ceased to function any way.

I went three years. Yes. Three long years with no anti depressant. I went from temper to tears in seconds. I tortured myself and sometimes people around me. I thought I was in control. I thought this is the way everybody feels and functions.

I was wrong. It took the maprotiline a couple weeks, and the feeling was very gradual. I found I was crying less .

I want to follow up a bit with this drug in case your physician will prescribe it for you. And, I hope you are able to find one who is willing to work with you. Mine is no charm, but is willing to write what I ask for. I know far more about FMS than he does.

I hope you will bear with me a couple minutes more to understand the situation. I have talked about it on the forum before.

A year ago I got to the point I could not lift my right arm. The shoulder/neck pain was a ten at all times. I could not sleep or eat. I lost a lot of weight. I spent my days in my blue bathrobe in the recliner. I got to the point I could not get dressed let alone shop for food or cook it or eat it.

It was my son who said one day this has to stop. He took charge where my husband had just done the shopping and cooking and let me alone. My son said you are going to the doctor and I am going with you. Imagine, I was 61 and he was 31 and him taking charge.

In the exam room he quietly said to the doctor: I want her to have an immediate chest x ray to rule out a mass pushing on her shoulder. I want her to have an MRI of the cervical spine. I want her on an anti depressant that will work and not kill her stomach. He told the doctor I was clinically depressed and something had to be done. The doctor did not know who he was dealing with, my son could have been a fellow physician, but he was not. He is a medical professional, but not an MD. My son did not identify his profession and the doctor totally perked up his ears. They are so afraid of malpractice events that he really took note . I became a person that day, not just another Q tip lady in an exam room to be gotten rid of in three minutes or less. Even MD's have mothers, and he was scared of my son.

I sat there numb. X ray was normal. That was the day he prescribed the maprotiline. MRI was also scheduled, which showed severe problems, probably pinching the nerve etc. I suspect my doctor thought I made it all up, the pain, etc. When he got the results he was shocked and said I needed spinal surgery.

I had an immediate reaction to the first AD pill. I slept in the recliner off and on the entire day. Then I ate, and cried because I assumed that I would not sleep that night.

Wrong. I slept the night with usual meds. The second day again I slept all day. Each time I woke the pain was a bit less. It felt like the sleep was theraputic and started to relax the muscles. I also slept the second night.

The third day I realized the pain level was much lower. In that first week I was eating, sleeping and moving around.

I remember the doctor asking me what I wanted out of life. I thought that a dumb question and my reply sounded equally dumb. I told him I want to be able to make out a shopping list, drive to the grocery store, shop, drive home, put things away, cook a meal and be able to eat a meal.

Doesn't that sound stupid? Lofty goals huh? But within a couple weeks I was able to meet those simple goals. They are not simple when you can't face pain, etc.

I have never been one for special diets or herbs. Just hand me a pill. I take the easy road. I am 62 and grateful that last week I received my first SS check. And, now I feel good enough to shop. I am driving, eating out, and enjoying my grand children.

No, I don't exercise and have told the doctor nobody will ever touch me again as PT nearly killed me with something called the ASTYM system of ripping muscles so that they could repair themselves.

I am a big proponent of a hot tub. My husband felt it was a cheaper therapy than nickel and diming it at a therapy place. I spend half an hour in it each morning. I am lucky that I don't have a problem with chlorine.

Between the hot tub and my drugs I am doing as well as many women my age. I don't see many my age skipping rope either.

I have shared this story to offer encouragement. The AD got me through family job loss, moving, surgery, broken bones, etc. I could not have handled all that before this med. I just pray it will continue working. The new designer drugs don't seem to work on my old body. I respond better to ancient valium than newer and more expensive potions.

You have been here on the board a long time, and I have read so many of your posts helping other people over the years. I feel it is my turn to offer a hand whenever I can. My life isn't perfect, but nobody's is. I didn't think a year ago I would be alive .

I notice that you go through periods of not being able to post, etc. I truly, truly hope you can find a doctor and a med that will work for you.

You remain in my prayers Shirl. I always love the way you sign off, Shalom, Shirl. If you have the political pull on this board to find email addresses, you are welcome to find mine and I would gladly correspond you directly and daily. You need support.

Shalom.
  6. kgangel

kgangel New Member

I am so sorry for you and your family.

Please know that you are never a bother especially in a place of prayer. I hope all that come here can always know that these are caring people that come here for hope and prayer all of different faiths with the same God and as you said he hears all prayers

I will pray for you and your family and May God Bless you all and give you strenght.

hugs
    kgangel

PS Please keep us informed on how you are doing
  7. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I also know that dark cloud of depression for most of my life, and not being able to take antidepressants.

But, I can say that I feel God has helped me with this. I am so much better than I have ever been with depression. I am not saying that I don't have my bad days, but overall it is much better. I give God the glory!!
    He can do this for you....and we will claim it!

I have this small book that has a scripture for each day. Well, on July 10th it read:

Expect Miracles

My guardianship is so wonderful.
    Expect not one miracle but many.
    Each day's happenings, if of My working, and under my control, are miracle-works.

I hope that this helps you as much as it did me.

Love.....Mari
  8. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

nad that your husband will be guided to the light.Linda
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

I will be praying for you and your family.

Kriket
  10. MamaR

MamaR New Member

How is this day going for you?

Mari
  11. caffey

caffey New Member

I don't know what to say to encourage you. I am afraid that everything will sound trite or religious. ( I hate that). I know what that black hole feels like and it is a horrible scary place. Please take care of yourself and try and eat. Can I be one of JOB'S friends who sat with him and didn't say a word but shared his sorrow with him? That is all I know to do. HUGS(mine and God's) {{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}. One thing just came to mind. Don't worry about us just concentrate on you and your situation. It is ok to be selfish for a little while ok? Please God deliver Shirl from this awful situation enough is enough and she is at the end of her rope. Please intervene sovereignly and supernaturally now and hold her so close to Yourself. Thank you. Amen.
    Cath
    [This Message was Edited on 07/19/2006]
  12. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I was lead to this board tonight for my own needs but I saw your post.

I can relate to you more than I want too.

Take care of yourself.

I will pray for all of us.

Blessings for you and your family.
  13. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

You and your situation have been on my mind last night and all day today.

I know you don't know me and I don't know what is really happening with you but my heart is relating to you very strongly. I feel that it a from a past experience that my me and my son went through because of my husband and his father.

The depth of my pain from that was never surpassed by cancer and loosing my breast and more body parts than you can imagine. The other pain and the pain of my child was so deep. I ended up at 95 lbs and in a hospital for depression after trying to save my family for 3 years. My body just got tired.

I will be praying for you and your family and your husband.
  14. windblade

windblade Active Member

Keeping you close to my heart, as I struggle through my depression.

Praying for both of us, and others that are suffering from depression in any of its forms.

I wish that I could bring relief to you! Will keep praying through this great struggle.

Lots of love,
    Judy
  15. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi hon,

Just wanted you to know that I pray for you everyday, and many times throughout the day. As I am struggling with my own warfare, I gather you up, for help to come to you.

Praying for your entire situation. I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this!

Will keep praying, dear Shirl. Keep me in your prayers too, please. I've been living through such a fierce struggle.

Sending lots of love,
    Judy
  16. Jude

Jude New Member

As this is the month of August and the beginning of hurricane season, I've had you on my mind lately. Anniversaries can take us back to stressful, unpleasant times. Hang in there and do whatever it is that you need to do to take care of yourself. Still remembering you in prayer.

Jude
  17. betweener

betweener New Member

My heart goes out to you. I can't imagine what it must be like to be in a hurricane. I live in tornado country. I do know what it's like to have depression so black you think death might be better. My doc gave me a brand new drug in a patch form called Emsam. It is truly a miracle drug for me!!!!Having dementia I may have told you this before, Can't remember.Ha Anyway I am praying you find something to help you. God is a great comfort and sometimes He gives us a wonder drug to help us too. Isn't He wonderful? Pat
  18. tlayne

tlayne Member

Shirl, I am standing with you in intercession. We will see answers! I believe it, Please Shirl and others let us stand and claim that God's will will prevail.

I am claiming Ephesians 6:10-16 for you and your family:

10) Finally my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might.

11) Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12) For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

13) Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14) Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

15) Having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16) Above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

Matthew 18:19-20
    Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that you ask, it will be done for them by my father in heaven. 20) For where two or three are gathered together in my name, I am in the midst of them.

Shirl, it is time! What is it that you would like us to all agree upon in Jesus' name for you and you family?

If anyone else has scripture that you would like to add please do so, and let us unite for answers for Shirl and her family! Love, Tam
  19. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am so exausted right now, its almost 4:30am and I am unable to sleep, this is the second night of this misery.

I will reply tomorrow to all of you that have been so terribly generous in praying for us, nothing has changed between my husbands lost condition with the Lord, and our relationship, its still horrible, but I know God does work in His own time, not ours. I do so hard to keep the faith. I know your prayers are the biggest help to me.

Judy, I will surely pray for you by name for your situation. I do more praying than anything else, and having others to pray for helps me a great deal, at least I know I am doing something for someone other than trying to climb out of this terrible dark hole I am in myself.

Will write more tomorrow, God bless everyone of you, a special blessing to all that are so kind to remember us in your prayers.

Thank you Jude for being so kind, we have known one another a longtime now. I owe you an email, but have not really been about to do very much the way I am feeling...Take care lady, and I do so appreciate you even remembering me.

Shalom, Shirl
  20. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Hi Shirl

I see your prayer request going around and I just wanted to let you know you are still in my prayers as well.

I am so sorry you and your family are going through so much. God in his glory is with you, holding you and helping you through at all times, just reach out and touch him, you will be able to feel him..

May God Bless you and May he give you the strength you need to get through. Your friends here are with you

hugs,
    kgangel