Prayer Request please !!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Granniluvsu, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Sorry, I haven't been around in ages but I just got word that our DEAR Pastor is losing his battle with lung cancer. He had been battling it for a coupled years with chemo. It was getting better in the lungs for awhile but it had metastasized to the spine. Even being so weak he wanted to have more chemo., when everyone told him not to take any more. However, he was was stubborn and did so anyway. Yes, he is an Irishman and very stubborn but very loving ! He is such a loved Priest. In the beginning he continued to smoke, which he did for years and finally did sometime ago with the help for some medication.

It took our parish years before we got another wonderful Pastor that didn't chase some of the parishioners with some of their homilys :). Everyone just loves him ! It is terribly sad. His sisters came from other states to see him already. We just heard that no one is allowed to see him. So, he must be getting ready to be with the Lord soon. I am in choir and our director just sent an e-mail to be ready in case something happens.

Please pray for him to be taken quickly without any more suffereing since it appears that a miracle won't be occurring. That church will be so jammed and probably outside the door !

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers in advance !

Love and blessings to all,
    Granni
  2. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

THoughts and many Prayers are will All
  3. springwater

springwater Active Member

Prayers for your dear Pastor. May he not be in any discomfort. May his relatives and loved ones be granted courage and comfort too during this trying time.

God Bless
  4. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Prayers for your pastor and yourself.
    I believe a miracle of life will be happening for him as he goes into another part of his life. And, he will be welcomed by many loved ones. Take care,
    Love, Cynthia
  5. Granniluvsu

Sorry, I have been so busy I haven't been able to come back check over here. I appreciate all your thoiughts and praysers for him and his family.

At church today our young priest came up to the pulpit and told all that Fr. Kealy was now unconscious . Our director even wote a song for him but don't know if he will be able to hear it or now. The choir sang it for him It was called an Irish Blessing to the words of the prayer I am sure many of you have heard many times.

I have two performances to sing at this week, with our small group to a Nursing Home, and a local church has a wonderful program for the Alzheimer patients and their caregivers. If Father passes this week I may have to forget the others. It all depends on the plans and how much we are involved in the choir. It may even be way downtown as he was so loved andhad been a priest for 51 or 2 years I think. We celebrated his anniversary a year or two ago.

Everyone was so sad when they heard the news. Some of us had already heard that he had gotten so bad and so it all wasn't so much of a shock. Lots of tears to go around.

Again, thank you all so much for everything. I will get back to you all later on.

Hugs and blessings to all,
    Granni
  6. soulight

soulight New Member

I pray that he passes peacefully. The fact that the Lord has caused him to be unconscious is a blessing , as I hear that breathing is so hard toward the last of lung cancer. Also , no pain. Maybe he and the Lord are already talking !

Much love and prayers for you and your congregation.
    Holly
  7. Granniluvsu

Holly - He may already may be making the Lord chuckle. He was also a very funny person and made people feel at ease at once !

God bless you all !

Hugs,
    Granni