Prayer Request.......................

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Shirl, May 8, 2002.

1. Shirl

Shirl New Member

My cousin Elda is having back surgery Thursday May 9, at 5am EST, and asked if all of you would be so kind to keep her in your prayers.

Elda is 58 years old, has a disk problem, plus a pinched nerve that is causing horrible pain from the hip down her leg.

She is divorced and self supporting. Her job is driving from state to state. Just giving you an idea of how her life style is. She was told that she will be bed bound for two weeks, and her two grown children are not much help (they need prayer too!), she is a great lady, and came to visit me today so that she would be assured of my prayers and yours.

I will give an update on her surgery as soon as I hear anything from her.

She was very upset with her childrens unconcern about her, so please pray that they realize she needs them now. She is a great Mom, but they are unconcerned. She was crying because of their attitude. As of right now, she is planning on going to the hospital alone, as her children have not offered to go with her. I know how sad this sounds. But it is true.

Thank you in advance.

Shalom, Shirl
  2. Nonie

Nonie New Member

Dearest Shirl ,

Honey , of course we will pray for your precious cousin Elda ! I will pray for her children as well ! Thank you for allowing us to add her into our prayers . Please let us know how the surgery goes , and if there are any other things we can pray for also . (((HUGS))) aplenty to you and your family ! God bless you .

Ps ... YOU have been on my mind alot last night and today , and I am praying for YOU also ! You are a dear FRIEND ! "SHALOM"

With very much love & RESPECT . Nonie
  3. toni.m

toni.m New Member

i will add your cousin Elda to my prayers. this reaaly sounds like a terrible situation for her, i can't inagine having to go to the hospital alone ,especially with surgery that sounds serous and probally deicate to say the least.she is blessed to have you as a family member, and i am sure she is gratefull that she can ask us to pray for her.it is conforting to know that we can turn to each other , especially when some family members can act as if they could care less.
    i will be praying for good news of her surgery tomorow, and please let her know that she will be stronger through our support and prayers.

take care, toni.m
    [This Message was Edited on 05/08/2002]
  4. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Shirl, I pray that Elda recovers speedily and I pray that her children will see the error in their ways. I am also praying for you, dear Shirl, to ease your worries over your sister. Blessings, Deena
  5. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Hi Shirl,
    Sorry I'm late in answering you here. But I want to make sure you know I will be praying for your cousin Elda and the surgery she'll be having tomorrow. I know that pain is horrible. I pray the surgery will be a success for her and she'll have a good recovery.

How sad to think her children don't seem to care or will even go to the hospital with her! I'm sure she was such a good Mom and doesn't deserve to be treated that way from her children. I feel so sorry for her. They will also be in my prayers, that God will convict them and soften their hearts to be the children they should be to their Mom.

Let us know how her surgery goes and how she is.
    I'll be praying! Have a good-night, my friend.

Hugs,
    Harmony
  6. LBinCA

LBinCA New Member

Shirl,

I am praying for Elda as she now goes into surgery.. May The Lord guide the Drs hands and heal her. I will also be praying for her family.

Love and Prayers,

LoriB
  7. Jackie F

Jackie F New Member

Believing that our prayers are being answered as we speak!

God's Blessings
    Jackie F
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I left so many messages that Elda's son finally called me just a few minutes ago (it 10:45 pm). He did go to the hospital (your prayers were answered here also), he said that she did fine, and that she should be home tomorrow.

I will let everyone know when she is able to speak to me herself. Thats not possible now.

God has surely heard your prayers, and as always He is gracious when we all agree on one thing in our petitions, as we are one in our request.

Again, thank you so very much, Elda is like a sister to me, she is really the only relative that I have left except for my husband and children.

Thank you again, and God bless everyone of you.

Shalom, Shirl
  9. clueless

clueless New Member

My prayers are with your cousin Elda.How we need someone close to us when we are going through a medical crisis. It is such a betrayal when ones children are`nt there when they are needed so badly by their Mother. Mothers give so much of themselves for their children and it should be returned. I pray that these children will change their ways. Some day the roles will be reversed and they may feel the pain that only a child can inflict on a parent. My prayers are for all of them and I pray the children will feel God`s voice speaking to them and change their ways.!!! I pray for a succesful surgery + recovery. Clueless
  10. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Hi Shirl, I'm so glad to hear Elda's surgery went well and her son even went to the hospital! That is an answer to prayer. I'll keep praying for her recuperation.

Love ya,
    Harmony
  11. silverbell

silverbell New Member

Dear Shirl;
    Thank you Jesus for answered prayer
    God is so good.Ipray LORD that you will continue to bless Shirl's cousin Elda with every good thing,I pray especially for her children LORD that they would see how blessed they are to have a mother to love and cherish. I know I lost both parents at a young age.. My children are like Elda's they really don't care and it hurts so bad. I can say I know a little about how this just breaks a mothers heart. You work so hard to give them a good life, make sure they have everything, you go without for them and then.....nothing not even a card on holidays yet we continue to give because we love them so much.
    Mothers day is not one of my favorite days.
    But I pray that they will come to a place in their lives where they will see just how much we love them and how much they love us. I pray Lord that you would reveil this to all children who take their parents so forgranted.
    Love and Prayers always Silverbell