Prayer request

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by JannyW, Sep 19, 2003.

1. JannyW

JannyW New Member

Hi everyone,
    I am disabled with FMS, depression, arthritis and IBS, and am waiting for my Social Security hearing date. My partner is also disabled; we are living on her income plus a withdrawal from my IRA.

Within the next 2 months, my IRA funds will run out. I am worried about how we will live ... we are barely making it with two incomes. Our families cannot/will not help us, and I do not qualify for any public assistance.

Please pray for our finances, and that we will both be able to trust God for our needs.

Many thanks,
    Jan
  2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Jan,

My prayers will be for you both.
    Dear Lord, please place your healing hand on Jan and her partner, guide them closer to you. Give them the peace,comfort, and strength to endure their problems.
    Let then feel your presence, so as i know, will give both of them a calmly effect. By your grace I pray that you lift them up and deliver whatever their needs may be.

Amen, Danny
  3. JannyW

JannyW New Member

I just read your reply/prayer ... have not been able to get online for several days.

I am doing what is probably a very stupid thing -- I am trying to wean myself off Neurontin, which I take for pain. This is such an expensive medication, and the money just isn't there. I have cut my dosage in half ... am at Day 3 and feel like I'm dying ... will probably break down & take it this evening. FM pain is bad enough, no need to add to it on purpose! And of course today it's rainy & miserable, which makes us feel oh! so much better!! -- NOT

Jan ^v^

4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Sorry your having such a stressful time. I will pray for your finances to improve and that your Social Security goes through.

Take care,
    Sandyz
  5. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

It seems I'm the only man on this board, but you and all these ladies are a inspiration t o me. Everyone here seems to deal with pain alots and other things ,that sometimes makes me feel unworthy for all of your prayers. But I pray each day and know that the Lord has a purpose for my life. See I have had depression all my life and have fought taking meds because of the stigma, but this past year I started having vision problems that caused my depression to get worse and gave me lots of anxiety. But I am on meds and doing better. But that devil seems to come knocking on my door often and all I do now is pray and not give in. I know the Lord sees you ladies as very brave, and I know he will give you the strength to handle anything. I remember in High school, that lots of kids knew then what they wanted to be in life and had College all planned out. I thought this was what it was all about. But I never really knew what I wanted to with my life. But one thing I know for sure now, is that the Lord has to come first in my life, above all else. Sometimes thats aLL that keeps me going.
    I think I understand your situation somewhat, but I will pray to the Lord for Your partner and you to be blessed and shown the way out of your difficultys. Faith is all we need to make it. Keep the faith.

In Jesus name, Danny
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Jan, will be glad to pray for you both.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. JannyW

JannyW New Member

I can sure relate to what you're saying about the "stigma" of being on meds for depression, Danny ... I fought it myself for many, many years. A friend finally sat me down and explained it this way: If you were a diabetic and needed insulin to live, you would take it. Depression is an imbalance in your brain chemicals, so you need something to help fix the imbalance.

I too have suffered from depression for most of my life, and grew up with alcoholic parents. I was sexually abused as a child and made to feel it was my "fault" (I "allowed" it to happen).

It's hard to say which came first, the depression or the physical pain. It's hard to separate the two, but prayer does help. I appreciate those who are stronger in their faith ... I feel I only have that little mustard seed!

This has gotten longer & more involved than I intended! But thanks again to all who are praying for us, and know that you are all in our prayers as well.

Jan ^v^