Prayer Request

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by KJ2003, Sep 24, 2003.

1. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

Hello to everyone!

I just found this message board and the timing could not be more appropriate. Firstly, thank you to whoever offered this message board as a spiritual help and gathering place.

I have a few prayer requests and I would so appreciate any prayers offered:

1. I would like to stop smoking but cannot find the willpower to do it. I was able to quit back in 1998 for a year and a half but started back up because of a huge crisis in my life. I feel so bad for having started up again but want to be released from my weakness and have a second chance. I do not want to quit because of any other reason but that I do not want this to have power over me any longer.

2. Earlier today, a sweet lady by the name of Mrs. Miracle phoned me for an interview for a state job. The interview will be on Monday (29th). I cannot tell you how much I need this job, not only for financial reasons but because I have hidden away in my home for much too long to the point where it is unhealthy. I believe it is not a coincidence that Mrs. Miracle phoned me for a job interview.

3. My marriage and my husband. My husband, Richard, and I have had some mighty growing pains throughout our relationship. I ask that you pray for our wounds to heal, for there to be genuine forgiveness for past hurts and pains and for us to begin to have the relationship God would like to bless us with. Also, he will be returning from a yearly hunting trip with his dad and brothers on Wednesday (30th). Last year, he came back looking ten years older and came down with pneumonia. Would you please pray for his health and for his business to be blessed?

I apologize for the length of this message but it has been a very long time since I have asked for a prayer request. It is getting to the point where God is the only place I can turn to now because any other way is doom and heartache.

Thank you very much.

Kindly,

Kim
  2. mamashome

mamashome New Member

I have added you to my prayer list. God Bless You. mama
  3. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

I will be praying for all of your needs. I too smoke and I know how you feel. I quit back in 98 I think and quit for several months, then started back because of a stressful situation in my life. I have been wanting to quit for awhile now myself and I have been praying about it. Just letting you know that I will be praying for you!
    Lisa
  4. Sissy70

Sissy70 New Member

I too will be praying for you. I also smoke and my quit date is tomorrow. I just put in a prayer request for help with this. It's such a horrible habit and it truly does control us and I have lost so much control over my life where my health is concerned so I would like to get this control back. I will be praying for the other things you mentioned as well.

God Bless,
    Danielle
  5. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

I will pray for all your requests also. May god bless.

Danny
  6. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

To everyone,

Thank you so much for your prayers. A few of the messages brought tears to my eyes for personal reasons. My mother's name was Linda, who died in a car accident in 1988. Well, reading some of the messages was almost like hearing her voice again. I know that may sound silly but she was a woman of God and the tone here is similar to her never-wavering spirit.

Danny...I read the message, at least I think it was yours, about cleaning out closets, drawers - basically getting the 'clutter' out of our lives. Well, before I had come on this message board, this had been churning in my mind for a couple of days and yesterday I cleaned this house from top to bottom, including drawers and getting rid of junk.

It does make me feel tons better and it was WONDERFUL to wake up this mornig with EVERYTHING in order. No dust bunnies under the beds, either!

They say cleanliness is next to Godliness and I think there is something to that because it sure lifts my spirit!

Again, thank you everyone for your prayers and, Valley, what a coincidence! I will be praying for you and everyone else here, as well.

Kindly,

Kim
  7. tarponmom

tarponmom New Member

I think we were in a chat room together.

I know that struggles seem to blind side us all at once, and we get caught up in the situation thinking that there is no way out. Try to keep the faith.

God has a plan for all of us, knows our paths, and cares. I'm so glad that HE is in control and not I.

I pray that all goes well for you and your family.

Tarp
  8. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Praying that God helps you with these needs in your life.

God bless,
    Sandyz
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Will keep all your requests in my prayers, smoking, job and your relationship with your husband.

May the Lord richly bless you in all your requests.

Shalom, Shirl