Prayer request................

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Shirl, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Please, for those of you are of the Christian Faith, pray that my husband be under the conviction of the Holy Spirit, he has strayed from the Lord, and life has been an agony for almost a year now, for my whole family.

Also for myself for 'situation depression' which I have never had before in my life.

There is no way I can take the drugs the doctor prescribed, and I am fighting this out with prayer and my own self, not an easy thing to do.

I have learned a big lesson from it all though, I did not understand what people meant when they said they were depressed, but I sure know now. This is worst than the FM that I do have, or anything I have ever experienced in my entire life.

I pray daily for everyone, but especially for those suffering from depression now of all kinds.

Am so very thankful to God and Pro Health for putting our Worship Board back up, it made me cry when I saw the post on the CFS/FM board! We so needed it............

God's blessings to everyone here..

Shalom, Shirl

2. stilhere

stilhere New Member

My heart weeps for you and your husband, I wish I was near you to hold your hand so that we can pray together...but we can do that here if we close our eyes, and with a open heart and tears in our eyes we pray...Dear Lord, as Shirl and I sit here this morning we thank you for being our great Protector and Provider, though we are not worthy You have always been there to help us 'UP', Lord we ask for guidance and a spiritual path for Shirls husband...Lord we know that you are Great and only you can bring him back to your path so we lay him at the foot of your cross and pray for strenth and wisdom and most of all knowledge, knowledge that allows him to see that without You no one can accomplish anything, and Lord we pray for Shirl, we pray for this wonderful wife that is following your word Father, she has put her husband first and asked for healing, so we pray for this woman, for healing from this disease that is trying to surface and we pray for strength, we thank you Father for just being there, always for us and we thank you...In your loving sons name we pray..amen

Jessica
    [This Message was Edited on 03/17/2006]
  3. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I am sending up prayers for you too. Take care friend!

Hugz,
    Tona
  4. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

Prayers going up for both of you. You are such a special person to everyone here.

Wishing you many Blessings.

Lindy
  5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

We also know that sometimes our depression is out of hand. I dont' know the whys of your not taking an anti depressant, but I wish you could get something.

I had physical problems with nearly all of the AD's. Finally my doctor put me on maprotiline. It is an ancient anti depressant. I have no side effects from it, a bit of appetite increase, but perhaps that came as I little by little felt better. It leaves my digestive tract alone. It worked slowly, but now I know I am much different since starting it last July.

It is such an old drug the pharmacy must special order it. Maybe an old drug for an old person.

I was not able to help myself up out of the dark hole of depression, and it was devastating to me to face the realization I had so little power over my own mind.

I have had situational depression, but also major things like my parents consider me dead.

Your post is a plea for help, and we shall pray for you with sincere hearts.
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

For both situations. I will pray for your husband and for God's plan to be realized in his life....and for strength for you to wait and see.

I am truly sorry about the depression. I have clinical depression, and it is very difficult to live with. Meds do help, but that's not the whole answer. Blessing to you as you depend on God to get you through. Please be very aware, though, that depression can make you feel like doing things that you would not ever think of normally. Be ver alert. I will ask God to give you the wisdom and the strength to defeat this bout.

Please take care of yourself.

Hugs,
    Sue
  7. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I know you have had a struggle for some time now. It must be very difficlt. I will pray that things will resolve with your husband and that your depression will lift. You deserve such good things.

Kathy.
  8. gumbi

gumbi New Member

Shirl, I pray that your husband returns to faith and that he treats you and your family properly with love care and attention.
    And shirl , you must have faith in your doctor or find another doctor for he is there to help you in time of need. Depression is a terrible illness to try to conquer by yourself. Please consider taking your medication,I can tell you that depression is no stranger in my life and
    anti depressant drugs have been a godsend to me and to my wife in times of need.
    Can you find a minister or paster or councillor to talk things through with ? Unburdoning yourself to such a person is a great comfort in itself.
    Father God, I pray that Shirl finds peace health and happiness for ever
    God bless you Shirl
  9. Stidham66

Stidham66 New Member

It's so good to be back here on the worship board!!! I will be praying for your husband. I am asking the Lord to send conviction on him. I'm praying for you too. There are many valleys out there that we christians have to go through and sometimes we come upon a valley that we have never been in, but the Lord has been in every one of those valleys and He will lead us through them all.

My prayers are with you, Shirl

~Debbie~
  10. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I pray for you and yours.

I think of you each and every time I come to the board. You have helped me so much through the years, I hope my prayers can help you now.

With the love, mercy and grace of God I pray that your husband finds his way back to the Lord and that your darkness lifts and you find sunshine again.

Love
    JL

[This Message was Edited on 03/17/2006]
  11. libra55

libra55 New Member

And for your husband too. My husband has also strayed away the past five years, we always used to pray and go to church as a family and now we do not. It has made me so depressed and it has affected my children too.

So I know exactly how you are feeling and I am sending my most heartfelt prayers for you. You have been such a help and inspiration to so many of us here on this board. May God bless you and lift you up.

((((Hugs))))
    Michelle
  12. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I am so glad too that the worship board is back. It seems like old times being back here. Sending prayers up for you and hubby. Asking God to help you work this all out and get through it. You`ve been through alot with all the hurricane damage that happened. It will take time to overcome.

Sandy
  13. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

HI,
    That's a tough situation, when we are not on the same spiritual page are spouse.

Isn't their a scripture about God's word not coming back void? If He began a good work in your husband at one time, then lets believe He will finish it.
    "trust in the Lord with all your heart"
    I'm working on that one myself!!

Sending prayers,
    God Bless
  14. kch64

kch64 New Member

You're on my heart today and I'm praying for you.

Hugs.
    Kendra
  15. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

and praying that your husband rediscovers himself through prayer.LINDA
  16. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Continued Prayers going up...

for your husband and you!!

God Bless
    ((Hugs))
    ~Bluerose~
  17. Jude

Jude New Member

Shirl

Have thought about you and kept you in prayer since Katrina. Yes, depression is a mighty foe. I will continue to petition the Creator to give you strength and to lift you up.

Jude
  18. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am so overwhelmed at all your responses, the compassion, the love, the advice, and most of all the sincere prayers. It took me days to even try and thank you........

I do not know how to respond to all of you, but please accept my sincerest thanks for all your prayers, they are so desperately needed at this dark time in our lives. This is for each and everyone of you that has responded for my plea for help.

My husband is in a dark place, he has lost his most precious gift, his faith in his Lord, this has been going on since last May or June (2005), I was not aware of it untill Katrina, but had one of those feelings that something very wrong was going on with him. Then he told me. From what I have been told, he is going through a 'midlife crisis', and this is one of his major problems, plus the country he is in right seemed to be the cause of this, or making bad matters worst. He needs to return home, and not ever go back there.

All this has caused me to be depressed, but I do have the one thing left in my life that is my strength to hang in there, and that is my faith in an all powerful God, I know He hears my prayers, but am just confused at how long it is taking for an answer to all this misery we are living with. I feel like I am living with a stranger, that I have been married too for 33 years.

Gumbi, because of the FM I have not been a member of a church in a very long time, so therefore do not have a minister to speak too concerning this. I would not know who to call for advice.

As for the doctor, I can't take the medication he prescribed, it was Lexapro, I am extreamly allergic to meds, have always been this way. I can only take Xanax, which is not really doing much good for my 'racing brain' right now.

As for the doctor, I had not been to one in years, and my own has passed away that knew me so well. So the doctor I went to does not know me very well, but was kind and talked to me for 45 minutes. I asked if I needed councling, and he said that I was more 'sane' than he was, and he would not recommend any such thing, that I needed to work this situation depression out with my husband (he really didn't want to prescribe any drugs for it), who does not want to hear anything about 'depression', yet he has always been very caring with the FM pain and all that goes with it, my husband has changed horribly since going to China.

I have two most wonderful friends on this board, who both have been a Godsend from the beginning of this mess, that have helped me a great deal, by phone and emails, I thank the Lord for them both.

I did not realized that all of you cared this much concerning me, thank you, and I do thank God for all of your concern and most of all your sincere prayers. I pray for special blessings to each and everyone of you for your concern for us.

The Scripture I am relying on is; Matthew; 18:19-20 " Again I say unto you that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them by my Father, who is in Heaven.

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them".

Again, I pray for all requests on this board, if I am not here, I am still praying for all your requests daily.

Jude, it is good to see you here, I do miss you lady, and thank you too for your prayers.

God's many blessings going out to all of you, may His gentle hand touch all your needs.

Shalom, Shirl

19. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am so sorry that you are going through such a time as this.
    I know how it feels to be depressed and not be able to take meds. I am now taking a natural supplement which helps. Have you ever tried evening primrose oil? It is natural.

Also, I wish that you could find a church family. You would have someone to talk to about this.
    I will be praying for your situation and your husband.

God bless you.......Mari
  20. Stidham66

Stidham66 New Member

I wanted to come back and tell you that I am still praying and will continue to do so. I can sense the deep desperation that you have. Situations like this will take some time in prayer and supplication and to have others praying with you will be such an encouragement. You aren't alone. We are all here for you.

~Debbie~