Prayer request...................

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by eeyoreblue02, Apr 15, 2006.

1. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

Some of you may know me from the FM message board. I have never posted here before, although I have often read the posts made by others.

My husband's grandfather has throat cancer. He has gone through treatments and lived a year symptom free. Now the cancer is back and the doctors are only giving him about six months to live. They will not do any more treatments.

He can barely swallow and I am so scared that this will hasten his death as he won't get the nutrients he needs even though I'm sure they'll feed him intravenously.

Please pray for him. He just turned 78. He is a Christian and I know he will go to be with our Lord, but those of us he leaves behind will still be hurting.

Please pray that he will not be in tremendous pain and that his last days will be filled with love and he can be alert.

I hurt so bad as I write this. I could not love this man more if he were my own grandpa. My grandparents have been gone for over 20 years and I have been blessed to have another papa in my life.

Thank you for all of your prayers.

Linda
  2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

for your prayers. I want to pray for God to make the cancer go away, but I know I have to pray for God's will to be done.

I cried as I prayed for him at the altar this morning in church. I love him so much. Yes, I know he will be in a better place, but it hurts so bad. You're right to pray for peace for all of us because that is what we need, peace and God's grace to see us through.

Thank you again,

Linda
  3. MamaR

MamaR New Member

we will pray for comfort to surround all of you... and this dear Papa. God is so good....and He understands.

With love and concern....Mari
  4. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I just spent a couple of hours at his house this evening. He has to eat baby food since he can't swallow very good. Of course, he's not happy with that.

He goes back to the dr tomorrow. He is telling me he doesn't want surgery or anything like that.

I know he's ready, but I'm not.

Your prayers means so much to me. He is a wonderful man and loved by so many. He is a deacon in the church and was very active until about six weeks ago when he started getting worse again.

He drove a school bus up until last school year. He drove for mentally and physically handicapped children and has so many pics of these kids that they have given him. He always received gifts at Christmas and still gets phone calls, some from kids who are now grown, but have never forgotten Mr. Eugene.

I'm sorry to ramble. I just need to talk about him. It helps to know you guys care.

Thank you,

Linda
  5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Prayers coming for you loved one. I can feel the love you have for this man, and that in itself is a blessing from God. Please know that if his throat is not capable of swallowing any longer, they will feed via tubes. I am not a medical person, I want to say peg tube but quite likely I am wrong.

Mostly I pray that this man may be kept comfortable and able to feel the love .

With my thoughts and prayers...
  6. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

Hanginthere,

Thank you for your kind words about my kitty and my Papa. Losing Patches hurts, but I know time will help. I had lost another cat a ew years ago who had been with me 18 years. The vet says I should keep doing whatever it is that I'm doing if they live this long!

To both of you, my Papa is not doing well at all. It hurts so bad to see this man lying on the couch or slumped in a chair. His pain levels are being kept under control and he eats just enough to keep him alive. He was always so active. Just last year he was at my house riding our son's bicycle.

I know he will go to Heaven when he dies. He is a good Christian man. I also know that I will get to see him again one day. It is selfish of all of us to want to keep him here when he will be better off gone. Of course, we're human and that's our nature.

Thank you again for your prayers. I have accepted that God is calling him home and now I pray for his comfort while he is here.

Love,

Linda
  7. windblade

windblade Active Member

Saying prayers for your Grandfather - that God may use this time in his life for all. I've seen that happen with many people. Somehow when people are this close to the next world, they can grow enormously in their spirits.

One of my closest friends is dying from emphysema, and through the agony of impending loss there is so much love happening!

I loved hearing the story of your Papa driving the bus, and the children giving him presents and loving him so much!

I ask God to bless you, your Papa,and all who love him, with great spiritual graces of comfort and loving communion.

Sometimes words are not even necessary.

Keep letting us know how he is doing, so we can pray for his needs!

Love, Judy
  8. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Prayers for your husband's grandfather and his cancer.

Hugs,
    Faye
  9. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I went to see Papa today. He has had a very rough day. Very sick at his stomach. He's losing weight and has no energy.

Please pray for his comfort.

Linda
  10. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I feel the prayers from all these wonderful people. And thank you for praying for the family too. We need God's grace to see us through this.

Linda
  11. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Linda, it is wonderful to know your Grandfather knows the Lord, we all know that he will be going to a perfect place where there is no pain or grief, just perfect peace.

God bless your whole family while you are going through this trial.

Shalom, Shirol
  12. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

thank you for your kind words. Thank you also for taking your valuable time to be a moderator for this board. Without the people here I would be so lost. I have never felt so much love from a group of people in my life.

Thanks again,

Linda