Prayer Request

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Andrew111, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

I had a prostate biopsy two years ago that showed prostate cancer. These days they don't necessarily treat it, with the reason being that some prostate cancer just sits there. But now my PSA test shot up which means maybe it is not just sitting there.

I had another biopsy today. Would you pray for healing and a good outcome. I get my results on Monday.
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I remember you from a long time back discussing your father passing and your prostate cancer. A good friend of mine in a support group has prostate cancer, with it just sitting there, the PSA test shot up recently, but they have determined that it did not shoot up enough to act. Myself and the group were all very pleased to hear this. So I have a tiny bit of understanding of what you are going through through because of this friend of mine--but no one can truly understand how this horribly impacts you. My friend discussed in the support group, the incredible stress he has suffered while waiting for prostate test results various times. So know there are others out here that care and I care.

Prayers for Andrew's healing and for great test results on Monday, to alleviate stress, and that he feel warmth, support and guidance through all this.
  3. springwater

springwater Active Member

God, let the outcome be good for Andrew for the results of his tests..please heal him, and bless him.

habk you

God Bless
  4. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Thank you for the prayers and good wishes.
  5. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Update. The biopsy came back negative, which means no cancer in any of the samples. To put some perspective on this, my prostate biopsy consisted of 12 needle-thin samples, six from each side to see if any of them hit cancer. It's sort of like reaching into a haystack in 12 different places and seeing what you pull out. But here's what I see as significant. I asked for a good outcome, and I got one.

Thank you for your prayers. And I thank God for the good outcome. I don't think I could have managed any more bad news about my health.
  6. springwater

springwater Active Member

so happy to hear. Thanks for letting us know.

God Bless
  7. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I'm so happy you came back and let us know you are cancer free. Take care and hugs.
  8. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

It would be great if this result meant I'm cancer free, but it does not. It only means the 12 places they sampled are cancer free. So while I'm willing to soar with the possibility that the cancer is gone, I need to remain sober enough in my thoughts to continue with my active surveillance program.

But it is a great outcome and I believe all the prayers helped. So thanks again to all of you.

9. windblade

windblade Active Member

Praying for you for where you are now in life. For relationships, and your well-being on every level.

For all the most important things that make up your life.

Thanking God for his immeasurable love for you! He knows right where you are.

Judy
  10. windblade

windblade Active Member

Praying for you for where you are now in life. For relationships, and your well-being on every level.

For all the most important things that make up your life.

Thanking God for his immeasurable love for you! He knows right where you are.

Judy
  11. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Just saw this. Want you to know that you will remain in my prayers for a long time..and I'm sure as well with the others on here. Keep us updated..let us know what good things you are enjoying in life. :)
    Cynthia
  12. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Thanks for much for your additional prayers. I appreciate it very much.
  13. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Andrew, I saw my friend in the support group this week and he has been out for a while with knee surgery. Because of your situation, he talked to me more about his. He said that most of his prostate was removed before and he had been good for many years, but a blood test recently had shown cancer. So they did the 12 point biopsy, as they apparently did with you and all of them came out normal (so I assume he was cancer free, but as you know, and as I didn't realize, he is not).

So the doctors put him on some type of female hormone (not testosterone) which makes him have hot flashes. The doctors will do followup blood work either every other month or every 3 months. If the hormones drive the cancer level down in the blood work, then he will remain on them for a while; if the cancer level in the blood work increases then he will come off the hormones. So that's where my friend is now.

I just thought some more info from my friend going through prostate cancer might be helpful.

Prayers and many hugs.
  14. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Hi TwoCatDoctors. Thanks for the information.

Here's a web site for your friend. The thing I like about this place is you can call and ask questions.

http://www.prostate-cancer.org/pcricms/node/89