Prayer Requests - 3/18

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by windblade, Mar 11, 2010.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

Please feel welcome to post your prayer requests here.

Thursday prayer night has been a tradition, when those of us who can, pray together at the same time in our homes.

In the United States, we start at 11:pm Eastern Time, 10:pm Central, 9:pm Mountain, and 8:pm Pacific.

Praying anytime, as we are able is so valuable!
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Prayers for my friend in the local disabled group that is terminal with emphysema and was told she has a few months to live. She is very brave and I wish when her time comes that it be peaceful, without pain, and quick. She's a fantastic person.

Prayers for Lynn on the Board who is going to her Social Security hearing in April. This is major and she is seeking an award of disability.

Prayers of many thanks and joy involving my Dad. He is out of the Hospital and out of the Physical Rehabilitation and now in an Assisted Living Community that is fantastic and has a good social fabric, exciting activities and is a good place for him. They will monitor Dad's meds, his eating, and make sure he is integrating well. I believe it took God to intervene so the family could accomplish all this with Dad who was being stubborn, really mean, and treated the hospital staff and his family so bad, and wanted to remain at home.

3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Praying for your friend, and for Lynn.

Wow! What an exciting, wonderful answer to prayer about your Dad. Extraordinary. How is he getting along with the people there, and his family? I've been praying for his heart to change, transformed by Love Himself. Always a miracle.

Love, Judy

4. windblade

windblade Active Member

Prayers needed for Shirl's debilitating battle with depression. Having to force-feed herself.

Holy Spirit - pour out your power into Shirl's mind, body, home. Protect her please in any harmful relationships. Do battle for her, please. Thank you for her true, strong faith. Bring all to her that Jesus wants for her. You are our comforter and guide. Asking this in the name of Jesus. Amen.
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

for myself - for health needs. I need guidance in getting treatment for this mold/fungal allergy. I have all fungal sores around my mouth, and my lips are swollen and painful. I know it affects my body so drastically. Need God's wisdom and guidance for just the right kind of treatment.

Thanks for your prayers.

Love, Judy
  6. springwater

springwater Active Member

for all of the above

also for Joles sister who was awaiting results of a test.

for Bill Camo and his daughter

for all who are too ill to post

Judy thinkng of you, pray these physical challenges which have come up can be resolved soon
    and the swelling goes down

God Bless
  7. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Prayers for anyone that I missed earlier (my mind has been so wrapped up with my Dad's situation). Prayers for anyone that needs help, needs support, is afraid, and may need comfort.

My Dad checked in permanently today at the assisted living and it is a beautiful place with lovely people, and so many activities--Dad seems to be doing well and he could have been there months ago if he hadn't been so stubborn. I spoke with him today. It is a place where I believe he will have many more years to his life and live happily (I just sent him an early Easter card and a letter so he would have mail soon). Then I broke down crying because Dad is very competent, but has been stubborn until I called him and really got mad--it's been a very difficult and trying period of time for me, my brother and his wife.

The household medic, Cesar the cat, has been really taking care of me during all of this by getting up on the desk regularly and pushing his head against mine to force me to take rest breaks and get off the phone and the computer. Shelby the cat, has been accompanying me places to hold me together. Prayers of thanks for Cesar and Shelby and how much they have helped me.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/14/2010]
  8. windblade

windblade Active Member

Well Done! All the coaxing and pushing with your father has paid off. So thankful to God that your Dad is in a beautiful place, and will be cared for. Whewww - what a transition from when he was floundering on his own.

So glad that the healing, loving Cesar the Cat is watching over you, and nudging you to rest. And dear Shelby, your comforting, traveling companion. How wonderful they are!

Wow, TwoCats, what a big thing this has been - with a good ending. I agree with Cesar and Shelby that you should rest up well after all your hard work, and pamper yourself. Zone out for awhile to recuperate.

May God take good care of you with his tender love. So glad to hear your news.

Love, Judy
  9. windblade

windblade Active Member

Thank you for your prayers and concern, Spring.

I did some more research and found Quercetin, an anti-inflammatory for allergies; and then saw that many years ago, a CFS Dr. had rec. this for me. So, that will be a good thing to try , to bring the swelling down.

And tomorrow I will call that same CFS Dr. to make an appt. - I need prescription anti-fungals, to get to the root of the mold problem .

I'm having an adventure that I wrote about on Vivian's post that is quite exciting. It's opened up doors for me. Check it out.

Sending strengthening, healing thoughts and prayers your way!

Love, Judy
  10. windblade

windblade Active Member

Been missing you - how are you doing? I liked very much what you shared on your post about suffering. Very wise, I thought. And something that is written about in the Christian classic teachings for two thousand years, starting with the Bible.

May our Lord Jesus give you special comfort and healing, and rest in Him. And shower you with His love.

Love, Judy
  11. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Prayers again for strength and guidance for myself and my family during this time. The doctors said Dad couldn't be at home any more and had to go into assisted living (and moved into this Penthouse Apartment that my sister in law decorated fabulously with all new furniture, flat screen TV, etc.). So we got my Dad into a fantastic, active, and wonderful assisted living (I want to go live there). Now Dad is acting up, being obnoxious and picking fights and he hasn't even been there one week. Dad is fully competent mentally, but the assisted living contract he signed states this behavior is grounds to have his contract voided and have him removed permanently. Dad was fully aware of that when he signed and was told what the consequences would be for that type of behavior.

We, his family, are heart broken and drew the boundary with Dad when he went into the Assisted Living that if he misbehaved at this Assisted Living Center and was removed, he would be on his own without help from us and we intend to keep to that. We love him, but he is constantly making all of us sick and upset.
  12. springwater

springwater Active Member

Im sorry you have to keep facing these situations from your loved ones.

I can identify with the having to cope with self destructive behaviour of parents, siblings
    again and again and again no matter how much one tries to make things right and better.
    To the point when one starts questioning how much more can one take and whether its
    even worth it. But it is of course. To give up trying is to, well, give up.

I truly wish your father would appreciate how lucky he is to be living in such comfortable
    surroundings and being cared for. But i guess his situation is like many others. Who for some
    reason cannot function in the normal stable manner.

I pray he sees reason and settles down.

Judy

The more i read about you the more my admiration deepens for the person you
    have become inspite of the severely difficult challenges you have had to undergo re relationships and lack of loving support while you were growing up.

I empathise more because of my own feelings of being impaired due to dysfunctional
    patterns of family behavior when one most needed to be in a stable environment.
    Praying all your issues both health and relationships are resolved.

This board is invaluable in that it serves as a reminder to me to not be self centered and
    think Im the only one who has difficulties or has been thru a lot. Reading the posts here
    makes me humble and also lets me know I am not alone in my struggles. It helps me to
    think of others. And their needs too. When one is suffering it is so easy to become self
    centered and forget others. When i see what others have faced and are facing, it helps me become more compassionate. Which for me is one of the reasons i feel we are born. To progress in compassion for others.

God Bless

[This Message was Edited on 03/16/2010]