PRAYER REQUESTS FOR AUG. 2, THURSDAY PRAYER NIGHT

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by KittyCare, Jul 28, 2007.

1. KittyCare

KittyCare New Member

Prayer Requests For Thursday, Aug. 2 Prayer Night

Please post prayer requests for Thursday prayer night here. I thought it would be better to put them all under one thread each week. That way, all one has to do is check one thread to see who needs prayer for prayer night.

Please keep this bumped and please keep the prayer requests short. It will help us all who like to pray for our members. The thread for each week will be deleted Fri. morning and we will start over. If you still need prayer for your situation, please post it again for this week.

For those who are not familiar with Prayer Night, it has been an informal way for us to "storm Heaven" with our prayers and has become a tradition here. It is nondenominational and everyone can do it. We do it offline in the privacy of our own homes, but we try to all pray at the same time.

In the Americas, we start at 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time, 10:00 Central, 9:00 Mountain, and 8:00 Pacific.

The power of prayer has been shown in scientific studies, even when the person being prayed for is unaware of the prayer.

Carrying the torch.........

2. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I need another part time job to help pay off a bunch of medical bills that have occured this year.

My problem is that I see a job in the paper, get excited about it and then talk myself out of it before I even apply.

I don't do interviews very well--it is hard for me to sell myself even though I know I could do a good job.

Thank you,

Beadlady
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

My husband, Steve, retired from 41 years of teaching at the end of June. How many times do you hear of somebody finally not working and pow?

The past two weeks are a blur. Started with urgent care as his urine was maroon. Right at urgent care they diagnosed him with cancer of the kidney, a huge mass.

You can imagine what this time has been like. He is scheduled to have the kidney removed the last day of August, plus at the same time a huge hernia repaired. Adrenals must be biopsied during surgery to see if they are cancerous.

My own dreaded appointment with GYN/URO is for this afternoon. I no longer dread it as my own surgery will go on hold for sure.

I ask for prayers. He feels good and maybe he is right, but he says it is not cancer, the medical people say it is. Am I dealing with a man in denial? Possibly. So many tests now, he is obese so throw in a cardio appointment plus stress test, along with half dozen more appointments.

I thought my biggest problem with him retiring was going to be how he would pass his day.

I have not had the chance to reply to requests in weeks, but I do read and pray. I used to reply to everything, now am not able.

He wants nobody here to know other than our kids, so my support is confined to computer friends. Thank you all.