Prayer Requests - May 26

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by windblade, May 1, 2011.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

Please feel welcome to post your prayer requests here.

Thursday prayer night has been a tradition, when those of us who can, pray together at the same time in our homes.

In the United States, we start at 11:pm Eastern Time, 10:pm Central, 9:pm Mountain, and 8:pm Pacific.

Praying anytime, as we are able, is so valuable!

[This Message was Edited on 05/20/2011]
  2. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

for starting a new prayer thread !

I add my prayers for all .....

& all are welcome !

Blessings ,

b/c :>)
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

I appreciate your reliable prayers, Bill.

And value and enjoy everyone's sharing of experiences, needs, insights and prayers.

Rainbow - it stayed in my mind in such a good way what you said to your husband, that prayer is love.

Love to all
    Wind
  4. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

caused me to create some puter probs....

AT LEAST I was ABLE to wade through some of them to add prayers here.....

Blessings ,

b/c :>)
  5. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I'm having alot of dental issues--need $$ for 2 root canals & crowns done and as we all know it isn't cheap. I'm having a dispute with the sliding fee dental clinic--they say we are over-income for assistance and I say they are WRONG!!!

Thanks.

6. springwater

springwater Active Member

for Cynthia to get well soon from her flu

for Bead Lady for her dental problems

for everyone else may we all be blessed with healing, and intervention and our needs be met

and thank you to dear Judy who started the prayer request for the week

God Bless
  7. windblade

windblade Active Member

Bill - I hope you're okay. You're usually on here like clockwork. Lifting up a prayer for you, for light in darkness, for strong hope, and riches in the midst of dailiness. God Bless.

Praying for ongoing needs - for hope, strength, beauty and joy in our lives. God Bless all.

Love, Wind
  8. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Had to come on ask for prayers for him. He gave us such a scare last night. He had been sick with what I thought I had..maybe he is. But his acted different than mine.

He started in the early afternoon. Then later, I saw him coming from down stairs..across the kitchen..looking dazed. I asked him if he was ok. He said in a low voice..no. I followed him to the bathroom doorway, where he stopped..he said he felt like he was going to be sick. I had my hand on his back..it was wet through his shirt! I said, go ahead and go in and see if you can be sick, you will feel better, but he just stood there in this daze..then he started to wobble, and then he went down. I yelled at him..are you Ok? Are you ok? Turned the hall light on and knelt down and put his head on my lap while I was yelling for my son.
    My son finally made it upstairs..I told him that he may be driving us to the ER. My husband was talking by now..saying, I'm fine..but his color was an ashen grey. I told him, it's either the ER, or the paramedics. Then he threw up. That was it for me..I told Austin to call 911.
    He has had open heart surgery, he just showed all the symptoms of a heart attack to me. I wasn't messing around.
    A police officer made it there first..I had been on the phone with the dispatch gal, and when the officer showed up, she hung up. She had been great, even asking me if we had any pets..yes a dog..can you put him somewhere out of the way..good idea..my dog would have been in the way!
    They checked him out pretty good. His blood sugar was high for some reason..but they weren't too concerned. He refused transportation..so they watched, as he started to talk and then stand for them for a while without passing out. They told me I did the right thing calling, and if he did it again, to call again. They said, we don't care how many times you have to call, do it..then she said, I take that back, we care how many times you call, because if he does this again, we will probably want to transport.
    He is better this morning, sipping gator aid, and he ate some yogurt and has kept it down.
    He did sprain his ankle..which he kept saying that he had last night..looked this morning..it's quite swollen and already turning into some different colors. He's sprained his ankles before..skinny little things.
    So, watching that. Keeping it up..cold/hot. Last night, I didn't sleep, kept listening to him. Plus, I did listen to his heart. It sounds good. No murmurs. That's what he had the surgery for..had to have a valve repaired. They stop the heart for that one! So, I will not hesitate to call an ambulance when my husband does this kind of thing. Whew..poor Austin had an Anxiety attack..first one in years.
    Got up this morning, see Austin, and he says, mom, aren't you glad dad is still here with us this morning..poor kid. I didn't cry until I was in bed, and this morning when I rolled over in bed and saw him laying there beside me. All I could do was..say a thank you prayer that he was there. I do not want to take my family for granted..ever!
    So, asking for prayers for his continuing to get better. This getting older thing is nooo fun!
    Thanks all, so glad you are here, Cynthia
  9. windblade

windblade Active Member

Praying for your husband. Oh my - I thought when I first read your post that your husband had a heart attack yesterday. Then it became clear as I read further.

Yes, have started praying and will continue until he is better. Poor guy - and you have both been through so much. And your son, Austin - praying that the Lord will saturate him with His love.

You were exactly right to call 911! I'm so glad that they were kind and understanding, and reassuring.

May Jesus pour out his love into your household - into each heart and body. Thanking Him for his faithfulfulness and great love - beyond anything we can imagine.

I see that you wrote this yesterday, Doz. Let us know how he is today, or as soon as you can. Meanwhile we'll keep praying - I have a wonderful prayer partner who will be praying also.

Love, Judy
  10. windblade

windblade Active Member

In case he is ill, or if his computer is not working. For whatever his needs are. Missing you here, Bill. God bless and care for you.

Continuing prayer for all requests.

And praying for everyone on all the boards.
  11. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

for opening this week's session !

Adding my prayers for all !

Blessings ,

b/c
  12. springwater

springwater Active Member

for Cynthia. it does sound like a heart attack. A similar thing happened to a cousin of
    DHs. And although she got to the hospital and underwent surgery in time, it was a big
    surprise because she didnt exactly have heart pains or anything, just felt really really
    uncomfortable and exhausted and sweaty. One doc sent her home saying nothing was
    wrong and when it happened again she went to a different doc and he did some tests
    and immediately ordered a surgery.

Prayers for your DH, Cynthia and for you and your loving son. May everything turn out
    all right.

Prayers for all the others who have been coming to this board. Judy thanks for opening
    the thread once again.

God Bless

13. windblade

windblade Active Member

for all of you who open your hearts and pray here.

Bill - I'm relieved to see that you're okay, and good to see you here.

Love, Wind