Prayer support for husband

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by ABLUV, Oct 2, 2008.

1. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

My sweet husband Brian is a pastor of a little church and he is discouraged and burnt-out. Please pray for him. There are people problems that trouble him sometimes and I'd like to see him happy in ministry like he used to be.
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

I am praying for your husband, that he will find the renewed strength and vigor he needs to continue delivering God's word.

Jesus endured so much suffering for all of us. Sometimes our life trials seem so huge and tiring. I would encourage both of you to find some key scriptures that may renew his energy. Has he read the book "90 Minutes in Heaven" by Don Piper and also Don Piper's 2 other books full of inspirational stories related to other people hearing about his pain and suffering and his trip to Heaven?

Can he take a few days off and do something recreational? Sometimes a little breather will help.

We need all the help we can get in spreading the word of God and serving God. There is so much hatred in the world, so if he can continue on and impact even one person to change the course of their life then it is all worth it. Imagine being responsible for someone changing their life so that they will have eternal life in Heaven!!! What a wonderful thing!

I will pray for him, and for you also, that you will be guided to help your husband too.

3. kbak

kbak Member

Hi,
    Your poor hubby. I've alway's thought it would be hard to be a pastor. When your a compassionate person it's very hard to have to deal with so many people's problems especialy when it's not humanly possible to solve everything.

My heart goes out to Brian. I think the days ahead are going to get harder and I think our pastor's are going to be under tremendous strain. I think for your own self preservation you have to just accept that there's only so much one person can do, and that's all you can do!

I will be praying for Brian and you too!

kbak