Prayer Thread for Thursday November 12

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by soulight, Nov 2, 2009.

1. soulight

soulight New Member

I know this is a little pre-mature but I am having my operation on Monday so I won't be able to put this up later.

You can post prayer requests here for Thursday Prayer Night, a tradition when those of us who can, all pray together in our own homes for the requests.

In the United States, we start at 11 PM Eastern Time, 10 PM Central, 9 PM Mountain, and 8 PM Pacific.

(I can't pray at the set time, I pray as the requests come in.)

A new thread will be posted every Friday.( unless Holly posts it and then who knows ? ; o )
    [This Message was Edited on 11/02/2009]
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Prayers for Soulight's surgery and a fast and uneventful recovery. Please help her with any fear or anxiety she may have about having surgery.

Prayers for the people who are suffering from financial problems, emotional problems, unemployment, foreclosure, who are homeless and who are struggling to make ends meet. Please provide them with help and your love and protection to get them through and give them a special person who will work with them on help and solutions so they know they are not alone during these troubling times.

Prayers for the people where I live for they cause harm and perhaps may not realize it. They are middle aged and elderly, but they are not with illness or injuries and as such have lost compassion and kindness for those who are. Please help them see the error in their ways and guide them towards your enlightenment.

Thank you for the lovely long row of glorious blooming bushes as I was driving home. It was as if you were beckoning and saying "this is MY way." They are you and their beauty took my breath away. I wonder how many people actually noticed them or were too busy in the car on cell phones or drinking coffee and missed them. Then I also felt you sent the message that "we can each individually bloom through the good and bad if we believe and open our eyes to see MY many messages." You gave me a spectacular drive home and also gave me so much to think about even to this day. Thank you. Amen

3. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Good luck,,,and prayers, you are in my prayers!
    Cynthia
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

Have your date for surgery on my calendar - this Monday. Praying for this weekend - for your state of mind.

May Jesus bless you with his great love! I know he is caring for everything you are going through.

Love, Judy
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

Sunday.

Thinking of you, and praying for you today.

I know just what it's like to deal with the sufferings from abuse, which are so intense, and so many kinds. And your going through this surgery, which is triggering them off.

Lord Jesus, thank you for your tender and strong love for Holly. Help her to lean on you, Lord! You know sufferings of all kinds also, and are so close to us. Bless Holly, Lord. You promised to work for good in all of our situations, and I ask that you work in this suffering for her.

Thank you that you are the good shepherd, who cares for us when we are sick and weak. We are precious to you. Bless Holly today Lord, on this Sunday, as she prepares or rests for tomorrow.

Pour out your love on her, Lord. I ask this in your Holy Name. Amen.

Will keep praying, Holly dear.

Love, Judy
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

Dear Lord, please work in the doctors and nurses, and surround Holly with love, through family, visitors, and other patients. Thank you that you will be there, closer than her own thoughts. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
  7. soulight

soulight New Member

Your prayers are truly like precious hugs that have given me peace and the feeling of being loved. God Bless you all.
    Love,
    Holly
  8. windblade

windblade Active Member

We're missing you! Sending prayers for your healing from surgery.

Yes, we'll be eager to hear how you are, when you're strong enough to post.

May the Lord saturate you with his great healing love for you. Amen.

Love, Judy