Prayer Thread for Thursday October 28

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by soulight, Oct 28, 2009.

1. soulight

soulight New Member

You can post prayer requests here for Thursday Prayer Night, a tradition when those of us who can, all pray together in our own homes for the requests.

In the United States, we start at 11 PM Eastern Time, 10 PM Central, 9 PM Mountain, and 8 PM Pacific.

(I can't pray at the set time, I pray as the requests come in.)

A new thread will be posted every Friday.( unless Holly posts it and then who knows ? ; o )
  2. soulight

soulight New Member

I still don't have a computer , so I am sorry that I missed last week.

I could use prayer. I really am down right now. The computer thing, then my bathroom is a mess . No sink or vanity , no flooring , stagnant sewer water that was finally cleaned up . The apartment staff gets to it every once in a while . They are supposedly putting in new flooring and vanity and fixing the leaks and patching everything. They never come back when they say that they will. I have my hysterectomy November 9. I have to have a clean finished bathroom to come home to.

Our car broke down and we don't know if it is fixable yet. I have doctor appointments and it is very hard to take the bus as I just had minor surgery on 2 toes and my fibro. makes it almost impossible to get up the bus steps anyway.

Yes I am really feeling sorry for myself. I am depressed and my anxiety is up with all the abuse issues and the upcoming surgery . Please pray. I believe that prayer changes things. I believe that God loves me no matter what . I just can't feel that love or protection right now.

Lord, I believe. Please help me in my unbelief.

I miss the people on this board. I see that the posting is kind of slow. I will pray that we can get going again . I also pray that everyone is doing well.

Love,
    Holly
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Prayers for Holly to help her with so many things that are happening during this difficult time and to see her safely through her surgery. Also please let her feel your incredible warmth, protection and love as it will mean so much to her.

Please help everyone with this H1N1/Swine Flu that is going around. So many are scared, and others are very ill, hospitalized and all need you. Please provide guidance for so many and help those that are so ill and hospitalized.

Please I ask for your guidance to help me with the place where I live. They continue to show they are intolerant of disabled people, and I ask for your help for them to see the light. Thank you for helping me past that incident and giving me back my smile.

Please help my two kitties with their ear infections and bladder infections right now. It's puzzling because one uses a litter box and the other uses dog training pads. Would you reveal to me the answer and help the cats as they are so wonderful in helping me pray to you (my "paws in prayer" I call it).

Please help those that are in need, who are sick, who are facing foreclosure, who are homeless, and who have no one in the world to help them. Please give them a friendly face to offer help for their needs and give them hope.

Thank you for the many wonderful things you have granted. I enjoy the photos and saga of MCL the chick here. Thank you for allowing me to see the wonderful photos of trees changing color from various parts of the country. Thank you so much for the wonderful people I meet that extend a kindness, whether it be holding a door, asking if they can help me to my car, or any number of things -- as it reaffirms that there are good people in this world despite the bad things we hear on the TV media. Thank you for everything great and small. Amen.
  4. vivian53

vivian53 Member

Holly I am praying that you are able to get in touch with your Higher Power and regain your strength. So many things are going on in your life right now that would be difficult for any of us to handle.

It's hard not to get aT wit's end when we are hit with a bunch of troubles at once.

Hang in there Lady.

love,
    vivian
  5. soulight

soulight New Member

Your support means a lot to me. I hope those cat fur babies feel better soon !
  6. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Ahh, it's nice to see that you are still doing this.
    It seems that, and I'm sure you've heard this before, sometimes..when it rains it pours.
    When I read your post, I was so thankful that I came on tonight. I have a couple of things that I can relate to with you here. The being down lately, for different reasons. And, it seems that when we are down we usually feel sorry for ourselves. I also believe the God loves me, and knows me, and will help me in His timing, not mine..but boy, is it ever hard at times for that wait! That's when I need to start saying thank you, seeing the things that I do have going right. Tried doing just that today. I finally came out of it a bit by the afternoon. Yesterday was really tough.
    Now, I don't have a surgery to go through, or have I been through any. I will be praying for you, you pray for me, ok? :p
    TwoCats..I'm so sorry that your cats are having problems. Ear infections? I've dealt with that with my Golden Retrievers, but not any of my cats. Are they ear infections for sure, or maybe mites? That can be really be bothersome to them, and sometimes mimic an infection. I'm just putting that out there, I'm sure you know your cats pretty well, and what health problems they can have. My prayers are going out for them for sure.
    Vivian, hope you are doing well, good to see familiar "faces"....lol...names.
    Love and prayers for all, Cynthia
  7. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

The vet had cleaned my cats ears, then checked what they got out of them with a microscope, so that's how they know it is bacteria infection and not mites. This is the second year they've gotten ear infections and some cats are more prone to get them, than other cats. They had grow up and lived with a breeder in small cages (sometimes several cats per cage) and had not been taken care of for years. So teeth cleaning and ears have been a problem--this is the first with bladder infection. Cesar will be 11 and Shelby will be 9.

I've got the medication for the cats ears, and although my cats do so much for me, it is very hard for me to "treat" them--they hate ear meds. Even when I tried to brush Cesar's teeth he holds his lips shut really tight (now sit back and imagine what that looks like and afterwards I had to laugh out loud!!!!) One time when the vet tech was trying to get his temp with a rectal thermometer, Cesar held his bottom so tight that she was trying to get him to relax so she could do it. I think Cesar has watched the Ghandi movie on TV too many times and adopted "resistance without violence."
  8. vivian53

vivian53 Member

Holly how are things going?

Doz you are so spot on. It sounds simplistic but I too do list the things I have and are grateful for when things are going badly.

Two Cats your story cracked me up! I remember feeling the same way as Cesar when I was very little and having my temp taken in that awful way.

I have to force all sorts of meds in all my animals different orifices too, it's hard but pretty funny sometimes too.

love,
    vivian
    [This Message was Edited on 11/03/2009]
  9. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

lol..lol...and still, lol...while I was reading about Ceasr and his teeth, I could just picture him pursing those lips tightly shut. Then..well, then, I didn't know how to picture the other end!
    Too funny! I thought you may have had the ears checked for mites..Do they have long hair in the ears..silly me, I keep asking you questions that you know that could cause the problem..
    I really hope and pray that they get well soon..I didn't realize that Ceasar was that old. My mother had a cat that lived, and this is for real..to 22 years of age. She was a sweetheart too.
    Vivian and TwoCatDoctors, let's keep counting our blessings. Thanking the Lord for our sweet animals, and that we can continue to do what needs to be done for them, as they can't take care of themselves...I love animals! They really need us, but I know without a doubt, that I need them. I believe the Lord knows that, and keeps them coming into my life. :)
    Love to all, Cynthia
  10. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

My cats do have some long hair in their ears, which is normal for their breed. But they definitely don't have mites. The vet had to do extensively checking in both cats' ears with her lighted microscopic ear tool and she did a lab check on the material she took out of the ears to see exactly what it was. No parasites, but just some low level bacterial infection. Also, neither cat is an outside cat, they are inside cats in the city and when they go outside, they ride in my electric scooter basket and in the dog seat in my car.

Both cats are truly blessings from God to me and they both are official service animal cats. They are real characters and sometimes they make me laugh out loud so hard with what they do. They show so much kindness and caring towards me that they are just wonderful.

I had to take Cesar's sister, Shelby, to a Board meeting where I live and the Board and two incredible whinny women were so mean, intolerant and just carrying on so loudly, but Shelby remained totally quiet, calm and collected, even though I was a complete wreck with it all. The local Fair Housing Counsel will be helping me to file a complaint about how I, a disabled person in a scooter with a service animal, was treated so badly and against Fair Housing guidelines. I so needed Shelby to keep it together so that I could keep petting her in the scooter basket and try to work on breathing and being calm. She was absolutely magnificant during all that ordeal and is a real gift from God--Cesar is too.

The cats' lives were so bad before I got them and I so regret they were not taken care of. But when I got them, they were given tons of love and they really wanted that, I got their teeth cleaned to help them and they began to get regular routine medical check ups and good nutritious food that would help them. Normally they would be 18 to 23 pounds each, but Cesar is now about 9.6 pounds and Shelby is about 8.6 pounds apparently from being kept in very tiny metal cages for years (Cesar was 5 years in a cage and Shelby was 3 years in a cage) and not being fed really nutritious food. Their body skeleton did not grow to normal size being in such a small cage and with bad food. Also, they broke teeth knawing on the bars of the metal cage --Cesar came to me with a large canine tooth broken in the front and all of Shelby's teeth of the top are gone from knawing on the metal bars. Animals are known to do that from utter boredom.

11. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

I truly believe that your cats are a blessing from God. He knew you needed them, and, they needed you!
    Oh my goodness, I can't believe, even after all the rescuing I have done with dogs, how cruel people can be. It's one thing that people won't let you recieve the carring and needed love that you get from your cats in public, but the cage thing always just gets me like no other. I would say that I can't believe that those cats came around as well as they did for you, but you gave them the security and love they needed, they knew what you did for them, and they are smart, they are giving back. I'm just happy for both..you and your cats.
    And, yes, I do know about that boredom part with animals. I'd be chewing on the cage too!
    Well, keep on lovin those sweet kittys. I know you will. Give them a great big hug and love for me. :)
    Love, Cynthia