Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rkidd3423, Feb 10, 2012.

1. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

I'm having a really hard time right now with my job, my illness and my personal life. I just wanted to ask everyone to pray for me so I can get through this.

2. deepak

deepak Member

Just prayed to my beloved Meher Baba to look after you :)

3. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Saying a prayer for you right now, Rebecca!!

Have you ever watched Joyce Meyer's show? She is an awesome Bible teacher and has a fantastic way of relating to people to help us understand how to deal with all of life's problems.

You can watch online if you can't find her on tv....I am addicted to her

Here is a link to her shows which are listed for 3 weeks...

I have to say that her shows from Wed 2/8, Thurs 2/9, and Fri 2/10 were so fantastic!!! Very helpful!

Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
  4. kbak

kbak Member

So happy to pray for you!

5. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

Thanks for the prayers. It's just really hard sometimes to try to work 40 hours a week and still be behind on your bills, to be a single mom who gets her kids every other week and to be getting out of a bad relationship and wonder if you will ever find anyone that will be able to deal with the illnesses that I have. I really appreciate the people on this board so much! I don't have a computer at home so I won't be back on till Monday! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

6. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time of it. It sounds like an awful lot to deal with. I'm praying for you and your family. Your faith is so important to you when going through extra trying times.

Somesone else mentioned watching Joyce Meyer on tv. I have been watching her programs for about 3 years and have been helped so much by her teaching/preaching. She really helps you to take God's Word and apply it to all your everyday situations. It's been a life saver for me, especially in dealing with all this illness and the lonliness of being homebound and so ill. My husband watches every day too. Hugs and Prayers to you. GB66
    [This Message was Edited on 02/13/2012]
  7. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

I really appreciate all of the prayers and kind words. It is difficult for me...just like it's difficult for all of us. We all have our own crosses to bear! I was in the emergency room yesterday with a severe migraine that started Saturday night at 7 or so. I couldn't even finish my sentences or remember what I was doing yesterday. I had to call in sick again. It was very bad. I have got to start feeling better because this is getting very depressing for me.

Keep Praying!
  8. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

So, I ended up in the ER again yesterday with the tremendous migraine that just wouldn't quit. I went to a different place this time. They gave me a cat scan because I was displaying symptoms of stroke. The cat scan came out clean so that made me feel better. They put me on some migraine medicine called Fioricet. I see my regular doctor Friday at 2. They also referred me to a neurologist so we will see how it goes. Thank you guys so much for being there for me and listening! It means a lot to connect with other people who have similar illnesses!!!

9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have a Worship/Spiritual Board here where you can ask for prayer or post inspirational or religious messages. People there are great about praying for those who need it.

Love, Mikie
  10. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

I had to rule out several things. My father died of brain cancer and I'm always afraid that it may happen to me...especially when I got confused and couldn't spell and had major pain like I've never felt before. I just need to continue to see my doctors and make sure they get to the bottom of it! I have a CDHP and I've met my deductible so all prescriptions and doctor visits are free till the end of June so now is the time to explore all of it!!!!!

11. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I haven't been on here for a few days, but wanted to say hi and I hope you are feeling better.

I know how scary those migraines can get. I've taken that migraine medication before & it worked good.

Something I have been trying is when I feel a headache coming on I take a low dose chewable aspirn--the orange flavor with a glass of water. Sometimes it is just enough to grab the headache. ~~~That is if you can take aspirin~~~
  12. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

Good morning! I go to the doctor tomorrow at 2 and hopefully I will figure some things out. I have a feeling the headaches are coming from my neck since I have 4 discs that are degenerated to the point they are almost nonexistent. If they can get my neck pain and swelling under control I have a feeling the headaches will get better. I'm trying to remain optimistic!

Thanks for all the kind words. This board has helped me SO much! The people on here are so wonderful and they truly have compassion for others since they have been there themselves.

13. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Praying for you Rebebcca,that God would touch your life in a very special way and minister to your specific needs as only God can do!! He loves you sooo much and so do we . God Bless