Prayers and praise--Granddaughter

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by LindaH, Nov 4, 2004.

1. LindaH

LindaH New Member

Hi everyone. I have a combination praise and prayer request.

My oldest granddaughter is nine years old. She has adhd and been on meds since kindergarten. We have had ongoing issues with her for years. We have finally received a diagnosis of bipolar. It explains so much.

The praise comes from having a diagnosis and knowing that we can help her. You can't know the trials and turmoil a family goes through until you experience it first hand.

Some of the older members (the ones who have been here a long time--not necessarily old..lol) know that my daughter and her family moved in with my hubby and me three years ago when they lost their home. It has been hard but we are hanging in there. The problems with my darling little Kaitlyn does take its toll. Even if I was healthy it would be hard.

Please keep us in your prayers through the coming weeks as we start treatment and counseling. I know it isn't going to be easy but it has to be better than what we have been dealing with. I know God will get us through. He is always there for us and never deserts us. I just need lots and lots of prayers.

Thanks in advance. I know what powerful prayer warriors there are on this board. You don't have to answer a post to pray. I know that very well as I am one who does not always get to answer many posts.

God bless,
    Linda
  2. dash

dash New Member

Dear Lord,

I lift up Linda's grandaughter to your loving care. Please guide the doctors to prescribe the right medications that she needs to put her life back into balance.

Give the rest of the family grace to meet the stresses in their lives. Let a spirit of harmony and peace abide in her home. Keep discouragement far from their door.

In Jesus' name I pray,
    Della
  3. LindaH

LindaH New Member

I appreciate your prayers for my family and me. We need all we can get. We just go one day at a time like the wonderful old hymn. Never know how our sweet little girl is going to be from one day to the next.

Thanks so much and God bless
    Linda
    [This Message was Edited on 11/08/2004]
  4. LindaH

LindaH New Member

Thanks so much foxy. We just have to keep right in there and know that we are never alone. I truly hope you find the right meds for your daughter soon.

We can't even get in to see the meds doc until Dec.7 and then????? I can tell everyone God is all that has got us through the years of depression and rages. Praise God He will see us through all the way.

Thanks again Della and foxy.

Linda
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Praying for you and your family. My 13 year old son has ADHD and it gets very chalenging to say the last. Keep us updated on how everything is going.

Hugs,
    Sandy
  6. LindaH

LindaH New Member

Yes, challenging is a good word to describe it. I am anxious to see the meds doctor and nervous about it to.

I know meds will help her but it may take a very long time to get the right meds at the right doses. And I know there will be side affects. We just keep praying it will go well.

To address the adhd and the bipolar with it. She has done well on the staterra for her adhd as far as that goes.

I thank all who are with me in prayer. I appreciate it more than I can say. I know He watches over us all the time.

Linda
  7. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Linda, My 14 year old was just diagnosed bi-polar a week ago! It really does help explain the behaviors when you have a diagnosis..

Foxy.. I knew your daughter had been through alot too but I didn't relize she was bi-polar as well.. You know I'll be hounding you for advise dear friend..

Mine has been seeing a counselor since last spring but they just diagnosed. I will be praying for your Grandaughter Linda as well as your whole family to have the strength to get her through the tough days.. I know how you feel..

Love and gentle hugs... dona
  8. LindaH

LindaH New Member

Thanks so much. It is comforting to know you are not alone isn't it. I just wish we didn't have to wait to see the med doctor. I guess I'm in a hurry to get started. Just want to help her so much.

Kaitlyn's counselor recommended a book for us to get. "The Bipolar Child" Have you heard of it? My daughter checked it ut at the library and we have been reading it. We both bought a copy on ebay.

I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers. At least we know what we are dealing with. Your daughter's name is Michaela isn't it? My youngest grandaughter's middle name is Mikayla. Small world!

Thanks everyone for the prayers. I feel truly blessed to have such wonderful people praying for my family and me. I pray for all on these wonderful boards.

Love and God bless,
    Linda
  9. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I'll look for the book when I go to town tomorrow.. You know there is a lot of great information on line to. I've found a ton of sites with good info. It just really helps explain what we are dealing with. And knowledge is one of our best weapons when it comes to protecting our kids (and grandkids!).. Good luck at the Doctors..
    Love and prayers, dona
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

A child with a challenging condition is hard on the whole family. I speak from experience and can certainly understand what you are going through.

Love, Mikie